Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Once upon a time in America

No where near as good as the Godfather, incredibly overlong, almost 4 hours, a good story, some fantastic performances especially Robert De Nero and the lad that played his character in his youth, worth seeing but I won't be adding it to the DVD collection.

Confetti, the new British rom-com.

Thought it would be shit and was only half proved wrong, the two puff planners are really funny and the Martin Freeman/Jessica Stevenson couple are superbly played to tug at the old heart strings. The other 2 couples were annoying in an unfunny way and the supposed documentary format wasn't really followed all the way through.

Finally watched The English Patient as it was on BBC recently. Pretty cheesy stuff, the melodrama really was ladeled on; but watchable.

MI3 - really enjoyed it actually

Waiting - clerks in frankie and bennys

Wolf Creek - Quite good

Battle Royale - Good concept, wouldnt mind seeing an english speaking remake.

Tonight im gona watch oldboy or r-point as BR has got me in the mood

Battle Royale two is pretty much the same, although an early scene reminds me of Saving Private Ryan's beach scene.

it's also a little heavy on the anti-america stance, gets a bit tiresome.

Domino - Once you get used to the random direction, it's not a bad film. I'm not a Keira Knightly fan like, she needs to eat something, and I found her quite annoying at times in this. Oh, and she got her chebs out, though it was like two aspirins on an ironing board.

Timecode

The fact that the title has nothing whatsoever to do with the story, but with the method behind filming it says everything. It’s a throwaway story centred around a production office where one of the partners is having an affair, on this afternoon his mistress and her partner arrive for what is meant to be an audition.

It’s not the story that makes it so watchable; the whole film is an experiment. Filmed as a symphony, the screen is split into 4 and each section runs unedited for 90 odd minutes. Volume is adjusted within each screen so you know what to follow and it works surprisingly well. Particularly when each section is brought together at some exact point such as the ongoing tremors that occur (you can see people reacting in entirely different locations at precisely the same time) or the zoom each camera does at a specific moment.

You have to believe the creators of 24 saw this and were inspired, if that was all it achieved I’d be grateful.

Guest alex

Recently watched a couple of Korean flicks - 'Sympathy for Mr Vengence' (which is by the same director who did 'Old Boy' if anyone has seen that) which is basically about a kidnapping that goes horribly wrong and the ensuing revenge that people take. Class.

'A Bittersweet Life' - a good gangster flick with that stylish violence that they seem to do so much better in films from the Far East. Again, very good.

Recently watched a couple of Korean flicks - 'Sympathy for Mr Vengence' (which is by the same director who did 'Old Boy' if anyone has seen that) which is basically about a kidnapping that goes horribly wrong and the ensuing revenge that people take. Class.

136136[/snapback]

:D

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance is out now too by the same geezer. It's good too.

Guest alex

136136[/snapback]

:D

Sympathy For Lady Vengeance is out now too by the same geezer. It's good too.

136138[/snapback]

Cheers, I noticed that. It's in my amazon rental list. Like the sound of 'Time Code' too, think I'll give that a go at somepoint.

Pulp Fiction

One film I never tire of watching.

136357[/snapback]

Classic film although i do get bored when Mr Vega is taking Mrs Wallace out for a bite....

Pulp Fiction

136357[/snapback]

Classic film although i do get bored when Mr Vega is taking Mrs Wallace out for a bite....

136359[/snapback]

Really ? I think the scene where they are giving Mia Wallace the adrenaline shot is one of the best in cinema history.

Pulp Fiction

136357[/snapback]

136359[/snapback]

Really ? I think the scene where they are giving Mia Wallace the adrenaline shot is one of the best in cinema history.

136368[/snapback]

But then, it was already one of the best scenes in cinema history 15 years earlier when Martin Scorsese filmed it for his 1978 film American Boy. :D

Pulp Fiction

136357[/snapback]

136359[/snapback]

136368[/snapback]

I get bored when there just sat there talking about fucking milkshakes n what not