Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

I will never die. 

Detroit is good btw. Thought the stuff with the lad out of The Dramatics was a bit ham-fisted but otherwise good. 

The Star Wars lad reminded me a lot of a young Denzel Washington. And not just because they all look the same. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Who's this cunt, waltzing in expecting us to pretend he never left?

Would you have recommended signing up under a different name?

27 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:D Something subtle like your alex to Alex reincarnation would suffice

That wasn't even me. I think Ant just changed the screen name. But yeah, something like that ;)

The Zookeeper's Wife is a quite brilliant film.

A great quote from the film,  

"You can never tell who your enemies are, or who to trust. Maybe that's why I love animals so much. You look in their eyes, and you know exactly what's in their hearts. They're not like people. "

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Matched betting. I encourage you all to get on board, it's worth thousands of pounds. 

is this part of your ticket to early retirement to go along with all the thousands saved by not buying shop bought sandwiches or coffees? 

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Matched betting. I encourage you all to get on board, it's worth thousands of pounds. 

On the surface, this looks quite reasonable and logical.  My problem with it (as I understand it) is that if it worked on the scale it supposedly does (and for as long as it has) the bookies would close the loophole.  The biggest problem I know of for actual winning sports' bettors (rarer than hen's teeth) is maintaining winning accounts without them being closed.

Or is it simply that the vast majority of the sign-ups ultimately don't have the self-control not to spill it all back and more on -EV bets?

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Spill the beans, dick lips. How much do I have to spend each go round?

Go on the Oddsmonkey website and do the first couple of offers for free. You'll then have enough for 3 months membership, at the end of which you'll be a couple of grand to the good. 

2 hours ago, adios said:

On the surface, this looks quite reasonable and logical.  My problem with it (as I understand it) is that if it worked on the scale it supposedly does (and for as long as it has) the bookies would close the loophole.  The biggest problem I know of for actual winning sports' bettors (rarer than hen's teeth) is maintaining winning accounts without them being closed.

Or is it simply that the vast majority of the sign-ups ultimately don't have the self-control not to spill it all back and more on -EV bets?

You definitely get some accounts shut down eventually, but even just doing the signups for all the sites along with a handful of the ongoing offers for the sites you've already signed up for will net you a couple of grand in fairly short order. 

You aren't necessarily winning at the bookies though, you could be losing all your bookie bets and getting all your profit at the exchange, so having a winning account isn't really your concern. You eventually get shut down for only ever placing bets on events they have special offers on, and only ever placing bets on close matches at the exchange.  

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

is this part of your ticket to early retirement to go along with all the thousands saved by not buying shop bought sandwiches or coffees? 

I reckon I might have just about made enough to cover your cappuccino budget for the next quarter. :razz:

Feel free to use my link to sign up btw. :lol:

https://www.oddsmonkey.com/affiliates/affiliate.php?id=55366

Im not taking the piss though, this is a genuine path to a couple of grand and more if you can be chewed to plough on with the ongoing offers once you've hoovered up all the sign up cash. 

A lad at work that I got into it has done 500 a month for the last 5 months. 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You definitely get some accounts shut down eventually, but even just doing the signups for all the sites along with a handful of the ongoing offers for the sites you've already signed up for will net you a couple of grand in fairly short order. 

You aren't necessarily winning at the bookies though, you could be losing all your bookie bets and getting all your profit at the exchange, so having a winning account isn't really your concern. You eventually get shut down for only ever placing bets on events they have special offers on, and only ever placing bets on close matches at the exchange.  

Nice, thank you.  Not for me but sounds reasonable, and I knew you weren't a gobshite in this regard.  Obviously you are in many others.

What percentage of the specials are accumulators where you get your money back under certain conditions (and hedge)?

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Feel free to use my link to sign up btw. :lol:

https://www.oddsmonkey.com/affiliates/affiliate.php?id=55366

Im not taking the piss though, this is a genuine path to a couple of grand and more if you can be chewed to plough on with the ongoing offers once you've hoovered up all the sign up cash. 

A lad at work that I got into it has done 500 a month for the last 5 months. 

Well this has perked up my insomnia :lol:

8 hours ago, adios said:

Nice, thank you.  Not for me but sounds reasonable, and I knew you weren't a gobshite in this regard.  Obviously you are in many others.

What percentage of the specials are accumulators where you get your money back under certain conditions (and hedge)?

The accumulators are just a standing deal that all the bookies have got going, so they're always there if you want to take advantage of them - the standard deal is place a 5 fold accumulator and if one leg loses we'll give you your money back as a free bet.  There's a couple of ways of doing them - you can place accumulators on matches that end one after the other and lay them off sequentially as the results come in (it's possible to lock in a profit every time this way), or else you can place accumulators with no lay bet and rely on the EV playing out over time.  I did these for a couple of months (the no lay version).  I kept meticulous records, cos I'm a dweeb but also cos I wanted to see what having away teams as selections did etc. Anyway I definitely ran well but that worked out at £461 profit from 57 accumulators. 

In terms of what percentage you have to be doing of those to turn a profit though, none really.  The lad I mentioned before that's been doing this is too scared of the no-lay ones and can't be arsed with the lay sequential ones (it's like having a job), so he hasn't done any. Coming into the weekend there's always deals come up on the football that weekend (mostly the televised matches), there's racing stuff every day, and some of the bookies just have standing "free bet clubs" that you can qualify for weekly.