Joelinton

wykikitoon

If we’re going to have to lose a top player this summer I’d sell Isak tbh . We really don’t give him enough service for him to display his huge talent and our midfield/ wide players score goals for fun :cuppa:

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

southgate will still start him for england because he had a good tournament three years ago 

Standard England manager behaviour tbf - All the while Foden will be on the bench.

Think it’s poor management by Southgate in terms of motivation for Phillips and other players. The Pep comments about his weight and his performances since going to West Ham smacks a bit of a player not giving a shit. You can see how that could happen  with the way things panned out. And I’m not saying it means he’s a bad apple. But to reward a player off the back of that by picking him in England squads and starting him? Plus what it says to players doing well who can’t get in the squads. Particularly when it’s one of the most talented group of players England has ever had 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Standard England manager behaviour tbf - All the while Foden will be on the bench.

I think Foden will play as he’s started the last few games iirc. But it’s ridiculous how well he’s had to play to get to that point where Southgate’s hand has been forced 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

If we’re going to have to lose a top player this summer I’d sell Isak tbh . We really don’t give him enough service for him to display his huge talent and our midfield/ wide players score goals for fun :cuppa:

Disagree. We’d need to buy two strikers then, Shirley. I’m not sure we need to sell anyone, mind. As a lot of the press etc seem to assume is the case. 

47 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fish, what sort of DM would you think would fit us?

You mean give a style of DM or give a name?

Style wise we need a mobile physical player who understands positional responsibilities but with the technique to play his way out of pressure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Don't talk crazy

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Disagree. We’d need to buy two strikers then, Shirley. I’m not sure we need to sell anyone, mind. As a lot of the press etc seem to assume is the case. 

Yeah it’s only the press where this narrative is coming from. But having to buy two strikers is basically the same as buying a top class midfielder and a striker..

Edited by PaddockLad

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Ok make the opposite case. Why is s it better to lose Bruno than Isak? 

I think it’s a very marginal call either way. Agree too there’s not that much difference between getting in two strikers or one plus a top midfielder. If we had to sell anyone, players like Joelinton are relatively easy to replace. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I don't agree those are the only options but, 

Bruno is easier to make up in the aggregate than Isak. Sell Isak and, like Alex says, we'd need to buy 2 strikers. And Striker tend to be the most expensive position to fill. Bruno is outstanding, but we could find a talented midfielder that meshes well with our style for <£50m.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Bruno is easier to make up in the aggregate than Isak. Sell Isak and, like Alex says, we'd need to buy 2 strikers. And Striker tend to be the most expensive position to fill. Bruno is outstanding, but we could find a talented midfielder that meshes well with our style for <£50m.

We basically haven’t played with a fit striker since before Christmas. We’ve scored a lot of goals in that time, keeping them out has been the problem for reasons done to death on here. It’s the best midfield outside the top three when all are fit. Mad to break it up. 

But David, as always, your opinion gets my respect 👊🏻

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

And there's just not many natural goalscorers going around these days are there, even if you have the room to splunk 80-100M on one. 

I just hope he's can sort out his fitness issues. Next season will be key when we have a better squad and a more manageable injury/fixture situation. If he still misses a considerable part of it there will be concerns. 

I get PL's point on him not being too involved in the game these days though. You'd think as confidence returns to the squad and we start playing a little like early in the season/last season again and Isak's own match fitness returns that will change. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Well, there’s his badge kissing and the disgraceful way he brings his kid on the pitch. I’d have thought you, of all people, would know that. 

• Haha 8

15 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

And there's just not many natural goalscorers going around these days are there, even if you have the room to splunk 80-100M on one. 

I just hope he's can sort out his fitness issues. Next season will be key when we have a better squad and a more manageable injury/fixture situation. If he still misses a considerable part of it there will be concerns. 

I get PL's point on him not being too involved in the game these days though. You'd think as confidence returns to the squad and we start playing a little like early in the season/last season again and Isak's own match fitness returns that will change. 

I don't think it matters who we're playing up front at the minute. Due to the constraints placed upon the team through injury we're not on the ball as much as we were, and we're playing from a lot deeper than we were. Naturally this deeper, possession-less play means the striker is barely going to be involved, especially when they're not the prototypical targetman. 

Next season when we get Joelinton and Tonali back (maybe a new defensively minded CM?) and we'll again be able to play further up the pitch, getting the striker more involved in all-round play and creating a greater volume of chances. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

We can't lose either as it would fuck that song right up. :cuppa:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

:lol: He's fucking crackers. That laugh.

"Jawdee guys take the peees"

Love that lad :lol: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

"Jawdee guys take the peees"

Love that lad :lol: 

i'll be absolutely gutted when he does eventually leave 

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'll be absolutely gutted when he does eventually leave 

Hoping he gets to strut his stuff in the CL with us again before he goes. He's the closest we've had to a World Class Talent™  we've had for fucking ages.

• Like 1

Are we talking about Bruno or BUJ7 here? 

I do love Bruno and will be gutted if/when he goes, but not as much as Joelinton, simply because I’m a sucker for redemption stories, and they rarely come better than his in football. 

To go from ridicule to reverence in the space of a season is unreal, and his conduct throughout it all makes it even better. 

Love the bloke. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Hoping he gets to strut his stuff in the CL with us again before he goes. He's the closest we've had to a World Class Talent™  we've had for fucking ages.

Danny Murphy reckons he'll NEVER be world class. He said it on talksport apparently, @wykikitoon must be slipping missing it? 

• Haha 1