Joelinton

wykikitoon

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Hi Dave, I’d like to hear some suggestions 😀

Ederson from Atalanta, 

image.thumb.png.45dcb282ba331944f6af619d29131abf.png   image.thumb.png.db1f2ac50336d8877554673f163ac865.png

image.thumb.png.71d320c347d43a9f27af41bbe3ef44ea.png     image.thumb.png.151c6faf53f17e0042d5869172ca4daa.png

Dunno about winger/forwards but if there are any legs in the Sesko rumours, we could shift Isak to the right

Sesko from RB Leipzig

image.thumb.png.3dd98b9901f540c539f36084d9b24fce.png

image.thumb.png.d6f431c0602287328d63a54ef21d7c81.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ederson from Atalanta, 

image.thumb.png.45dcb282ba331944f6af619d29131abf.png   image.thumb.png.db1f2ac50336d8877554673f163ac865.png

image.thumb.png.71d320c347d43a9f27af41bbe3ef44ea.png     image.thumb.png.151c6faf53f17e0042d5869172ca4daa.png

Dunno about winger/forwards but if there are any legs in the Sesko rumours, we could shift Isak to the right

Sesko from RB Leipzig

image.thumb.png.3dd98b9901f540c539f36084d9b24fce.png

image.thumb.png.d6f431c0602287328d63a54ef21d7c81.png

Bruno already plays for us you moron.

Seriously, this guy...

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Bruno already plays for us you moron.

Seriously, this guy...

You Got Me Episode 6 GIF by Prime Video Canada

• Haha 2

All he did was state the obvious FFS, player 18 months left on contract, if new deal does not get done you get shot with 12 months left.

Ergo, Joelinton could be sold, but equally he could stay.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

All he did was state the obvious FFS, player 18 months left on contract, if new deal does not get done you get shot with 12 months left.

Ergo, Joelinton could be sold, but equally he could stay.

Aye but our fans are having a mad fit.

All I have seen on Twitter is people having meltdowns over what Eddie is saying.  A massive nostalgia hard on over players we've wanted replacing for ages and all of a sudden they want to keep them.  Why?

Just now, wykikitoon said:

All I have seen on Twitter is people having meltdowns over what Eddie is saying.  A massive nostalgia hard on over players we've wanted replacing for ages and all of a sudden they want to keep them.  Why?

That doesn't sound like our fans (or any fanbase on twitter).

• Like 2

The better the player we have, the more of this is gonna go on, so people better get used to it. Good players know their worth and they make you pay for it, and they'll run the negotiations down to the wire to get what they want. 

The other side of this is that we'll no longer be handing ridiculous contracts to players that are doing nothing but stinking up the squad. No more pictures of some can't believe their luck no-hoper with a pen in their hand and a wtf grin on their face. 

• Like 8

Nufc officials are definitely openly talking about it more now though. Eddie would have normally shut it down with something along the lines of “we don’t discuss transfers. He is an NUFC player and I hope to have him for years to come.”

Now we are almost inviting offers for our players. 

20 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Nufc officials are definitely openly talking about it more now though. Eddie would have normally shut it down with something along the lines of “we don’t discuss transfers. He is an NUFC player and I hope to have him for years to come.”

Now we are almost inviting offers for our players. 

joe is one you could get a good fee for - £60-80m maybe? 

i don't see how it's worth it though. he's been so important to how we play these past couple of seasons. you'd probably need to pay the same again to replace him 

• Like 3

Joe loves the club I think there's still a decent chance he'll end up extending, unless he knows Bayern/Barca or someone of that ilk is interested. He's an absolutely key player and deserves to be amongst the top earners but if he's asking for more than I can understand the club standing firm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Because on Twitter there's a significant number of our fans who are utter morons (SMB worthy)

Not you @PaddockLad

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Targett only goes if someone will buy him though. It’s not Football Manager. It obviously makes sense to cash in on Joelinton too this summer if (big if) he won’t sign an extension. As he’ll only have a year left. It could just be brinkmanship on the part of his agent / him if he’s been offered a new deal and not signed one yet though. He might also be waiting to see if we make 3 or 4 statement signings this summer too. From both a financial and footballing pov it’s a short career. Especially your peak years 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2