Other games 2019/2020/2021

TheGingerQuiff

Happy with that result, we only need to finish above 3 teams and Watford look a much better choice to go down than Brentford. Having said that that game was fucking turgid from both sides, Brentford were rank going forward in the final 3rd until 80 mins and look to struggle big time without Toney. Watford created even less, their attacking play much consistently of belting balls into the box and hoping Dennis could get his head on it.. their goal was from awful defending on Brentford’s part. Both shit sides when it comes down to it, Brentford better pray Toney can stay fit for the majority.

• Like 1

😂 What a sickener for Watford. Two late goals with a penalty in the dying minutes. I seen Carragher say we'd want a draw, but I'm more than happy with Watford losing in this fashion, especially when we could possibly move out of the bottom three should results go our way. Hopefully this loss has been psychologically damaging for Watford. Raneri was saying that needed to at least draw the game beforehand, which probably wasn't wise on his part upon reflection.  

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 1

I think Palace, Leeds and Southampton all have to be careful, they could get dragged right into the thick of it. But yeah, I was happy to see the penalty go in as well, not least because Watford do look in a bit of a freefall.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's going to be the bottom three plus Watford, a mini-league that we have to win. Can't see anything else at this point.

Leeds given their injuries, fixture run and general form could very easily slip down into the relegation fight, as could Southampton, and maybe even Everton if their slide continues, but they'll likely pick up when DCL is back fit. I really don't think it will just be a four horse race, there's always at least one club who slide into it from a relatively safe at the time position. 

• Like 1

Not sure how anyone could think a Watford win or draw would be what we wanted.

Fuck Brentford, they’ll have a shite second half of the season anyhow and if they’re near the bottom then so be it.

I’d much rather shite like Watford stayed as close to the drop as possible.