Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

You just know that even if it fucks Gemmill up for a day or two, he ain't gonna admit it

Arseholes, I'm absolutely fine. I understand this is difficult for you lot with the booboos on your arms, walking around like zombies for two days, to understand. 

Some of us just are not cut out to be damaged by vaccines. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but feeling shite after the jab is the sign of a healthy, active immune system doing its job. 

so it sounds like you're pretty much doomed if you get the virus. 

This x 1000.

I've got a mate who in the last 12 years had leukemia, had a bone marrow transplant, went into remission, then pre covid got a lung infection that destroyed his lungs, so he had to have a transplant. He's on so many drugs that he didn't even get a sore arm after getting the AZ jab.

I've been told to skip my dose of methotrexate by the rheumatologist for my nsecond jab dose in the hope it helps develop some antibodies.

Edited by sammynb

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Arseholes, I'm absolutely fine. I understand this is difficult for you lot with the booboos on your arms, walking around like zombies for two days, to understand. 

Some of us just are not cut out to be damaged by vaccines. 

Oh, for what it's worth, my enfeeblement was because of dodgy chicken and not the second jab. Anyone getting downed by a weensy little jibby jab is a disgrace.

• Haha 1

Just now, The Fish said:

Oh, for what it's worth, my enfeeblement was because of dodgy chicken and not the second jab. Anyone getting downed by a weensy little jibby jab is a disgrace.

Haters gonna hate, Dave. A dead arm from a pinprick ffs. It's unconscionable. 

Just now, sammynb said:

Until your battery runs flat!

Just had it replaced. This new one goes 15 years. I got 9 years out of the last one which was only meant to last 5 years. I'm a medical marvel. 

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Haven't followed this for a bit now - how is it taking off again when so many people are vaccinated? Is it taking off with young people or something?

It's massively contagious and ripping through the population that's not fully protected, which includes people with single jabs as that doesn't offer much protection against this. Also its twice as likely to land you in hospital, and anecdotally seems to have a greater chance of younger people and children getting hospitalised. The proportion of delta in the UK is now 96%. It's 5% in most the continent, and they are catching up on vaccination fast. Another Johnson disaster, in other words. 

40 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

More cases the better. Deaths haven't spiked. Let it rip and get antibodies up faster. Surely restrictions at this point are just delaying herd immunity 

Okay mate, you know best. 👍

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Well what's your solution apart from cry 

What we're doing, delay until we get more people fully immunised. Hospital admissions have gone up 60% since last week btw, we're heading for a very significant problem here as it is, not possible to stop it now. Herd immunity as you put it isn't an option unless you're happy for thousands more to die and hundreds of thousands to become chronically ill with long covid. 

Deaths haven't increased though. There's no evidence that long covid is chronic. 

There's also the problem that the antibodies from vaccines are out of date. Having antibodies from the most current virus in circulation will help against subsequent variations. 

If the vaccine offers the protection from hospitalizations that is being suggested, I see no reason to keep extending anymore. Get the jab to everyone who wants to be vaccinated in this 4 week extension, then we all have to take our chances. 

People are still gonna get it and some will die, but you can't save everyone. 

April 16th just over 2,000 new infections. 4 weeks later & we've now hit just over 9,000 new infections. This is growing rapidly. We could be seeing very large numbers again in the next couple of weeks. It'll be interesting what  "Hopless Hancock" & "Fucking Boris" have to say about this. 

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Spot the guy who got his second jab yesterday.

I’m not getting my second jab till next week but I agree with the ginger taxi queue predator.

Boris ballsed it up again by leaving it too late to stop the Indian variant getting in - we can all agree there - but as long as we continue to get jabs in arms we should continue to ease restrictions. Going to have to live alongside this virus at some point and as long as the vaccines continue to protect against the dominant variant, what alternative is there?

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m not getting my second jab till next week but I agree with the ginger taxi queue predator.

Boris ballsed it up again by leaving it too late to stop the Indian variant getting in - we can all agree there - but as long as we continue to get jabs in arms we should continue to ease restrictions. Going to have to live alongside this virus at some point and as long as the vaccines continue to protect against the dominant variant, what alternative is there?

If they stop table service in pubs before every person in the country has been vaccinated then I’m taking to the streets.