Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

2 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Could be worse. Ours this year is on a Sunday.

In January. :lol:

Well we've all given you plenty of ideas on how to get out of it, with plenty of time to start setting the scene with your boss.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

They used to book an entire hotel out for the staff in Durham. and every year I'd get asked if I needed a room - I'd say no, I'm not going. After the first two they stopped asking :lol:.

It was always the same shit - the full day sitting through presentations from the heads of departments, some bollocksy award thing, go to the hotel room for a shit, shower and shave and then downstairs for food and a disco.

I went to the day bit once, and since it was practically all financial performance shit (a lot of the slides I'd fucking prepared myself) I said why do I need to sit through this shit again, when I already know it. When my manager couldn't give me a good enough reason for my attendance at the day function, I refused to go and used to have practically two days in the office on my own, with a handful of people who'd been off on site so didn't go.

"Oh you missed a good night, last night."

No. No, I did not. I missed shit food, with shit music and a shit crowd of people with shit craic. I also missed finding out which colleagues were hanging out of other colleagues behind their respective partners backs. I'm fine with that :lol:

:lol: 

I've missed out on all this stuff, only Christmas parties I've been to were my wife's work for a couple of years plus one when I was a YTS. We think our eldest was conceived at one of them but luckily I was there! :lol:

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've missed out on all this stuff, only Christmas parties I've been to were my wife's work for a couple of years plus one when I was a YTS. We think our eldest was conceived at one of them but luckily I was there! :lol:

What type of camera did you use to film it?

• Haha 2

:lol: At what a bunch of miserable bastards you all are. My current work spends a fortune on two events a year, christmas and summer. As we have multiple offices all over the UK and Europe, people are flown in and have hotels paid for. Usually the events are held in Newcastle as its the biggest office and probably the cheapest UK location, so fortunately I don't need to travel often. Thing is, I don't think its too much effort to actually meet people in the flesh occasionally rather than on Zoom/Teams. The food this year was outstanding. I stay for the meal, and then leave the kids to it. 

Mind, in my old job you had to  pay for the christmas meal. FUCK THAT. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Listen, Big Pharma. Just cos you and your SICK mates like to get together twice a year and celebrate how many people you've killed with your latest opiod invention, doesn't mean the rest of us have to.

Oy oy. Thought I was a hospital porter?

Anyway, Chez was right.  You haven't lived until you've had your first champagne enema spit roast. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Alex said:

Can’t believe it’s still going. Apparently the viewing figures were down massively on last year as well. 

Hancock was in it last year wasn't he and they got backlash because of that.  Now they've lost more viewing.  They've had a decent run, just finish lads.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Hancock was in it last year wasn't he and they got backlash because of that.  Now they've lost more viewing.  They've had a decent run, just finish lads.

Was he? No idea. I know he was in that SAS thing recently. Gareth Gates won apparently. Honestly think some people would watch paint being applied to a wall then drying if it involved ‘celebrities’ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was he? No idea. I know he was in that SAS thing recently. Gareth Gates won apparently. Honestly think some people would watch paint being applied to a wall then drying if it involved ‘celebrities’ 

I once stayed at a hotel and Gareth Gates was in front of me checking in.  He had a RIGHT bird.  Took the poor cunt about twenty minutes to get b b b b b b booked in though.

• Haha 7

Been in bed for 4 days with covid. Miles worse than the last time I had it, had a fever, coughing so much I am sick. Head is splitting. Think it’s finally starting to clear today hopefully. 

Can tell I’m getting old cos my back hurts from laying down too much, wtf is that about? 

• Sad 3

Had our Christmas do yesterday. Started at 2pm, bar was shit, food was shit, people started leaving around 4pm and there's only about 10 people in the team anyway, my train back wasn't until 6pm so me and the boss were the last there. He went to his hotel and I ended up sitting in the pub on my own at Euston station for about an hour. They wouldn't do it on a Friday because some arseholes think "the trains are too busy". These aren't people with kids or owt, just miseries who want to get back to their fucking cats or something. 

Utterly fucking pointless. 

Cunts.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Renton said:

:lol: At what a bunch of miserable bastards you all are. My current work spends a fortune on two events a year, christmas and summer. As we have multiple offices all over the UK and Europe, people are flown in and have hotels paid for. Usually the events are held in Newcastle as its the biggest office and probably the cheapest UK location, so fortunately I don't need to travel often. Thing is, I don't think its too much effort to actually meet people in the flesh occasionally rather than on Zoom/Teams. The food this year was outstanding. I stay for the meal, and then leave the kids to it. 

Mind, in my old job you had to  pay for the christmas meal. FUCK THAT. 

Ok, but imagine a company with a global turnover of around €45.6bn, and a UK turnover of around £7bn, with multiple offices all over the world, who won't pay even pay for first class train tickets let alone hotels or flights. The events are usually held in London (where none of the team work). 

It's all shit Renton. All of it.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Ok, but imagine a company with a global turnover of around €45.6bn, and a UK turnover of around £7bn, with multiple offices all over the world, who won't pay even pay for first class train tickets let alone hotels or flights. The events are usually held in London (where none of the team work). 

It's all shit Renton. All of it.

Someone's not getting their champagne enema this year...... 

• Haha 3