Jump to content
Anorthernsoul

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:


You can’t judge people on their online personas. I’m a hoot in real life. And I have a home arcade so I’ve got this social distancing thing down pat 

👍🏻 Meet me at the Labour Club when this is all over. I’ll but you a pint 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:


You can’t judge people on their online personas. I’m a hoot in real life. And I have a home arcade so I’ve got this social distancing thing down pat 

 

I'd happily come round and infect your joystick.

 

 

giphy-1.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So what’s the latest advice?
 

I thought we were social distancing. I went to the shops yesterday. Didn’t stand next to anyone and washed my hands before and after. From reading Twitter anyone who dares leave their front door has blood on their hands :lol:

 

Obviously if I was symptomatic I would self

isolate for 14 days, but an awful lot of people appear to be conflating self isolation with social distancing

I'd be quite happy to be able to stop leaving the house completely but have to go to the shop at the top of my street for food. 

 

If they can sort out food delivery somehow I think it would be a huge help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's basically no way I can work from home due to the supply chain nature of our business and how closely I have to monitor aspects of it and the cleaners at our place are fucking useless so I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands and clean everything that is regularly used because I genuinely don't think anyone else will. I'll probably start walking to work as well, just to avoid public transport though it's pretty much unavoidable on the way back. My mother has quite a low immune system due to a lack of Vitamin D so I'm hoping that the supplements she takes are somehow strong enough to kickstart her into gear since there's no way she can work from home either. Saying that, she was laid up for about a week or so back in January so there's every chance she might have had it when we didn't know if it had arrived here yet. Still, it's saved me money on a Mother's Day meal.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

There's basically no way I can work from home due to the supply chain nature of our business and how closely I have to monitor aspects of it and the cleaners at our place are fucking useless so I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands and clean everything that is regularly used because I genuinely don't think anyone else will. I'll probably start walking to work as well, just to avoid public transport though it's pretty much unavoidable on the way back. My mother has quite a low immune system due to a lack of Vitamin D so I'm hoping that the supplements she takes are somehow strong enough to kickstart her into gear since there's no way she can work from home either. Saying that, she was laid up for about a week or so back in January so there's every chance she might have had it when we didn't know if it had arrived here yet. Still, it's saved me money on a Mother's Day meal.

 

I've heard loads of people think they might already have had it. My Dad asked if his January pneumonia was caused by it. I've overheard loads of pensioners say they've already had it so don't need to isolate. It's extremely unlikely unless you had been to Wuhan. Much more likely seasonal flu. Not saying she is being, but lets not be complacent about this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping to get to the other side of this shite. I've got a suppressed immune system, the work I had lined up for the year has all been cancelled (even though I could have worked from home the actual shoots for the shows have been cancelled) and the only work I can now get is casual in a network news department that you have to do on site, dealing with reporters who are out dealing with the general public. Oh just to complete the kick in the balls we've been getting ready for a renovation and pumping all our extra cash into paying for an architect, engineer inspections, council fees, etc.

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

👍🏻 Meet me at the Labour Club when this is all over. I’ll but you a pint 

 

1 hour ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Sounds like a plan.

tenor.gif&key=d0ca32fdb879fff9cea90d0340

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rayvin said:

 

I'm on a social media thing called Next door, which kind of tries to develop local communities in neighbourhoods. So instead of friends, you sign in for your street and you can see things your neighbours post, etc. The number of messages I've seen on there from people offering to help the elderly, nurses, NHS staff, anyone who is vulnerable. I mean there's hundreds.

 

I'll give that a look, cheers. We had one of the local hipster dads around yesterday with this:

 

N8uGOq.jpg

 

...which is really nice. Had a chat to him and I'm going to sign up to help where possible - we're both still working full-time and don't have a car so we might be of limited use, but an extra pair of hands never hurts.

 

I'm more concerned about our next-door neighbours, the Millwall season-ticket holder and his wife I've mentioned once or twice on here. They're both 90 and she had a fall (all the way down the stairs :() about six weeks ago, so she's basically bedbound at the minute and he's having to keep the place going with the help of some carers who come in once or twice a day. I'm keeping their garden and yard weeded and tidy and I've told them to ask if they need anything, but they're fiercely independent (hence still both living at home at 90, I suppose) so he's still wandering off to the supermarket and back every few days and bringing back god knows what in the process. There's only so much you can do I suppose.

 

Going to video chat with my mam later today and find out whether they're following orders or not. I'm prepared to flex my muscles. :lol: 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So what’s the latest advice?
 

I thought we were social distancing. I went to the shops yesterday. Didn’t stand next to anyone and washed my hands before and after. From reading Twitter anyone who dares leave their front door has blood on their hands :lol:

 

Obviously if I was symptomatic I would self

isolate for 14 days, but an awful lot of people appear to be conflating self isolation with social distancing

 

It's a binary world mate. Sadly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

 

:lol: I quite like Peytar.  

Staggering to think, though, that at some point in her life that sweet old lady was such a kinky mare that she shagged a chimpanzee. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports of loads of kids on the streets of  Ashington, Bedlington,  down at Blyth beach last night. Also  going shopping with mams & dads. Shirley B.J. will have to call a lockdown for theirs & everyones safety. The penny still hasn't dropped for some people how serious this is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, trooper said:

Reports of loads of kids on the streets of  Ashington, Bedlington,  down at Blyth beach last night. Also  going shopping with mams & dads. Shirley B.J. will have to call a lockdown for theirs & everyones safety. The penny still hasn't dropped for some people how serious this is. 

Just waiting until the first bit of decent weather. The charvs in Palmersville will have their settees in the front garden quaffing cans of Carling 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alex said:

Just waiting until the first bit of decent weather. The charvs in Palmersville will have their settees in the front garden quaffing cans of Carling 

It warms my heart when people spell charvs correctly. 

The R is important.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom said:

Sounds like a 70s James Bond Character.

Aye, her and that Plenty Minge 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×