Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but do you still have to go to see the Darkness?

Nah, missus is away on her own. I got to play the "look at me being decent and self-less" card and say "it's fine, you go, I'll watch the kids". Currently 4 cans into a crate of Guinness and gearing up to watch Celtic get battered.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

They’re fucking mint live mind. Once went to see them by accident after a “recovery pint” turned into a all day session about 12 year ago when I was a mere doylem.

Aye, I honestly wouldn't have minded seeing them at any other time. Class riffs, great  songwriting and really amusing lyrics. Just a shame about that fucking tiresome falsetto.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Justin has his own YouTube channel these days. Proper pontificating bellend. 

Only ever seen his recent one on Cardiacs. Good to see him flying their flag but fuck me is he a bit of a stuck up tit. Ten minutes of him playing bits.of songs on his phone and saying "you won't get any of this unless you're smart like me or work really hard at trying to like it".

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

Nah, missus is away on her own. I got to play the "look at me being decent and self-less" card and say "it's fine, you go, I'll watch the kids". Currently 4 cans into a crate of Guinness and gearing up to watch Celtic get battered.

Aye, I honestly wouldn't have minded seeing them at any other time. Class riffs, great  songwriting and really amusing lyrics. Just a shame about that fucking tiresome falsetto.

Aye it may have helped I was absolutely mortal like but it was good fun. They played their Christmas song, it was September or something :lol: 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Aye it may have helped I was absolutely mortal like but it was good fun. They played their Christmas song, it was September or something :lol: 

Yeah don't get me wrong I liked the first record, then lost interest until I heard they'd recently drafted in Roger Taylor's son on drums. Singles are entertaining enough but doubt I could sit through a full album of it.

Don’t panic just yet 

Two doses of a Covid vaccine are not enough to stop you catching the Omicron variant, UK scientists have warned. 

Early analysis of UK Omicron and Delta cases showed the vaccines were less effective at stopping the new variant. 

However, a third booster prevents around 75% of people getting any Covid symptom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59615005

The doubling rate of this variant is insane though. Could easily be 200,000 or more people contracting it a day by Christmas day. If say 2% need hospital treatment, that's obviously 4,000 per day. There was someone on the news there saying if just 1 person has it in a crowded pub on a night, up to 50 to 70 people could have it next day (with symptoms or asymptomatic). I can definitely see another lockdown happening, this time without furlough.  

• Jaysus... 1

26 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Screenshot_20211210-193049_Guardian.thumb.jpg.ca07e5919f3fcf344f9c9014bba6353a.jpg

That’s grim reading. I don’t know if I’m in denial or what. Probably. The one thing I’m clinging to is there was a moment after we unlocked in the summer when cases were rising exponentially and then they just plateaued (thanks to the vaccine). Restrictions didn’t tighten and the NHS wasn’t overwhelmed. Got to hope the booster rollout will do the same this time

The document stresses that the figures are not a projection but an estimate of Omicron prevalence and doubling times seen in the UK so far.

Edited by Dr Gloom

We had started going into the office on Wednesdays and Thursdays a few weeks ago but last week I made the cautious decision to not go in which I extended to this week. 

Someone on one of our related teams came in on Wednesday it turns out after his wife tested positive which was against advice and the stupid twat came in yesterday as well before going home ill. 

I'm expecting loads to start dropping within the next few days if it's omicron  though of course the office is off limits from Monday. 

• Jaysus... 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's official, vaccines a lot less effective against Omicron, especially AZ. :panic:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/10/two-jabs-give-less-protection-against-catching-omicron-than-delta-uk-data-shows

That'll be me fucked then if the lad turns out to have that varient (thankfully doesn't seem to be the case so far). Heard today there's only one kid left in his whole class this week. Rest all off and covid positive. Oldest daughters class has been averaging about 10 still attending from 25 for the last month or so.  

Hear the guidance is changing from tomorrow so everybody with a positive case in the household needs to isolate, regardless of whether it's Omicron or not. Bit late but fair fucks tbh, makes a lot of sense. Really would've more logical to have kept that as the guidance the whole time, especially knowing there's way too many manky, selfish bastards out there that can't be trusted to even wash their hands, never mind wear masks or self-test a few times a week.

• Like 2

The estimates of a million cases a day by New Year if cases keep doubling the way its doing is a scary prospect. The only way we're going to be able to try & stop this is by the  booster jab & inevitably another Lockdown. 

Thing is, I can't see how even the hardest lockdown can get the R of this twat below R. But surely hospitality has to go. So great, another Xmas without pubs. Not that I'm that arsed about that but it just feels we're never getting back to normal again. Two bastard years now. 

Just now, Renton said:

Thing is, I can't see how even the hardest lockdown can get the R of this twat below R. But surely hospitality has to go. So great, another Xmas without pubs. Not that I'm that arsed about that but it just feels we're never getting back to normal again. Two bastard years now. 

I saw someone tweet the other day that tighter restrictions in winter and no restrictions in summer could just be normal life for the foreseeable. I fucking hope not. How long did Spanish flu last? Three years or something wasn’t it? It has to fizzle out at some stage 

14 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

That'll be me fucked then if the lad turns out to have that varient (thankfully doesn't seem to be the case so far). Heard today there's only one kid left in his whole class this week. Rest all off and covid positive. Oldest daughters class has been averaging about 10 still attending from 25 for the last month or so.  

Hear the guidance is changing from tomorrow so everybody with a positive case in the household needs to isolate, regardless of whether it's Omicron or not. Bit late but fair fucks tbh, makes a lot of sense. Really would've more logical to have kept that as the guidance the whole time, especially knowing there's way too many manky, selfish bastards out there that can't be trusted to even wash their hands, never mind wear masks or self-test a few times a week.

The problem was the fuckwits wouldn't pay people enough to isolate because they thought a few charvers playing the system was worse than thousands of deaths. 

• Like 4

I'd say leave the pubs open and let people go if they want, but then you're potentially forcing some poor fucker to have to go to work there. 

The likes of Witty and Vallance must fucking despair at this latest round of restrictions which basically amount to fuck all.