The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

Just now, Rayvin said:

Gonna align with Fish and Gemmill on this - given how much of a fuck on signing players seems to be we've done well to get one in early doors. I think most of us would have been happy with 3 in place by end of the window and I still reckon that'll happen.

Still also think this team as it presently is can scrap itself into some points in the coming days.

YES! TEAM DRY SHEETS WELCOMES ANOTHER MEMBER. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think it will be, because there is. just need 4pts more than the other 3 down in the bottom 4.

I like your optimism.  However our next game is against a relegation rival.  We are quickly losing the amount of games we have left in the season.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

I like your optimism.  However our next game is against a relegation rival.  We are quickly losing the amount of games we have left in the season.

We're losing them one game at a time BABY. ONE GAME AT A TIME. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Diego21 said:

I do not understand that Digne prefers to go to Aston Villa rather than come here in a permanent transfer.

It is obvious that Aston Villa today is better than us (not much better either) and that it has a solid base, but that today it cannot give it more than to be Top10 or Top12.

But the project that we should have is much bigger. And if the team manages to avoid relegation, we should be ahead of Aston Villa in the short term.

I think location plays a big part as well, lots of players prefer London or close to London. Apart from that the Steven Gerrard factor is a biggie as well.

Just now, wykikitoon said:

We're losing the amount of games we have left in the season at the same pace as every one else. Watford have lost 7 games in a row. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

gemmill in danger of losing some serious credibility here, buddying up with fish

The Fish is showing the sort of level headedness I've come to know and respect from him. You and wykiki however seem to have locked into menstrual synchrony and IT IS DISTURBING. 

Sign me up to the dry sheet brigade. It’s still early days and we only have to play twice before the transfer window closes (yes, I know they are against teams in and around us). Better to get the right players in for the final 17 matches than shit our pants and panic buy the latest Cacapa/Riviere.

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think signing Trippier for £12m sets a good example, an example that would be ruined if we overpaid massively on the next signing. Botman is very good, but if Lille are being dicks, just go and sign some other motherfucker. Fuck them, the faux-Belgian cunts.

i actually agree with that. go and sign some other fucker if you have to but do it before the watford game. 

1 minute ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Sign me up to the dry sheet brigade. It’s still early days and we only have to play twice before the transfer window closes (yes, I know they are against teams in and around us). Better to get the right players in for the final 17 matches than shit our pants and panic buy the latest Cacapa/Riviere.

Welcome on board Whitehurst. You and your low humidity underpants. 

• Haha 2

Wilson got injured 15 days ago and the windows been open for 11 days now. We knew his injury was bad so signing a striker should/will have been have been pushed to a priority before the window was even open especially with Gayle catching a case of the rona as well, personally I find it a bit disappointing that we cant get at least one of our top 5 striker targets through the door for Watford considering this game might literally define our season. We saw how badly our attack is disjointed without an out and out striker in the 2nd half vs Cambridge and Howe would have known this before hand anyway, I bet hes as disappointed as us that its not looking likely he will have the option to play an actual striker vs Watford. 

• Like 2

We're the richest club in the world. If Chris Wood has a release clause then sign him, play him in our next two matches then drop him from the squad once we get our preferred target in at the end of the window. Gangster shit like that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 247 said:

Wilson got injured 15 days ago and the windows been open for 11 days now. We knew his injury was bad so signing a striker should/will have been have been pushed to a priority before the window was even open especially with Gayle catching a case of the rona as well, personally I find it a bit disappointing that we cant get at least one of our top 5 striker targets through the door for Watford considering this game might literally define our season. We saw how badly our attack is disjointed without an out and out striker in the 2nd half vs Cambridge and Howe would have known this before hand anyway, I bet hes as disappointed as us that its not looking likely he will have the option to play an actual striker vs Watford. 

I don't think Wilson's full diagnosis was clear until last week. However they know he's made of paper.

3 minutes ago, 247 said:

agreed. fuck knows which newcastle the willy wavers have been watching all season 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I don't think Wilson's full diagnosis was clear until last week. However they know he's made of paper.

Even without Wilson being injured a striker would have been high on the list, still a week to get someone in given our desperate situation must be doable. I know clubs will be taking the piss but im just not buying that it cant be done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 247 said:

Who are our top 5 targets, like? I've heard everyone from Etikite, to Vlahovic. 

And I think we have to remember we had 9 shots on target against Cambridge and their 'keeper had the game of his life. Yes we need a striker, but panic buying someone means we could end up with Riviere, rather than Ronaldo.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

We're the richest club in the world. If Chris Wood has a release clause then sign him, play him in our next two matches then drop him from the squad once we get our preferred target in at the end of the window. Gangster shit like that.

then just pay him to hang around bigg market bars, setting £50 notes alight

9 minutes ago, The Fish said:

And I think we have to remember we had 9 shots on target against Cambridge and their 'keeper had the game of his life. Yes we need a striker, but panic buying someone means we could end up with Riviere, rather than Ronaldo.

I dont think Vlahovic was ever an realistic target like, the club will have a list drawn up and I'd bet that most of those names havnt even been leaked as links yet. The first half of Cambridge yes, the second half when they sat back showed how weak we are going forward with no actual striker on the pitch - our best outlet in Saint Max who was played as a striker running absolutely nowhere for 45 minutes and 35 crosses into their box aimed at no one that can head the ball wearing a Newcastle shirt says enough really.

Im not suggesting we panic buy, im saying that we have had enough time to get something done in time for Watford.

Edited by 247
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

the main reason we didn't score said chances against a team languishing near the bottom of the third tier of english football is because we don't have any fit strikers.

if we're going to stay up we need to chase down watford. do you not agree it's imperative we sign someone capable of playing up front and scoring goals before that game?

presently we don't have one. these are exceptional circumstances. get our first choice in at the end of the window if that'd what it takes, but get some cunt in now. we're rich enough to do both. 

• Like 2

• Tom locked this topic