The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

4 weeks into the takeover, fighting relegation, and Eddie Howe likely to be our new manager.

Who are our realistic signings then?

James Tarkovski, Nathan Ake and Kieran Trippier would be a good start to sorting out the defence. Tarkovski and Trippier wouldn't cost much in fees. I'd be looking at Nicole Pope in the Summer too. He must be getting sick of being overlooked for England and he's better than Dubravka.

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

4 weeks into the takeover, fighting relegation, and Eddie Howe likely to be our new manager.

James Tarkovski, Nathan Ake and Kieran Trippier would be a good start to sorting out the defence. Tarkovski and Trippier wouldn't cost much in fees. I'd be looking at Nicole Pope in the Summer too. He must be getting sick of being overlooked for England and he's better than Dubravka.

I’d be happy if we sign the three outfield players you’ve mentioned.

There’s Bob hope of Trippier leaving atletico for us, they like him and he seems to be enjoying it.

We desperately need a strong, mobile midfielder who can get around the pitch and give us some legs. Someone like Ndidi from Leicester but that’s a pipe dream. It would take so much pressure off the defence that they might not look so shite. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Someone of my acquaintance pointed out to me that Howe signed Trippier for Burnley… maybe one for the summer iyam, make him captain… Not sure what sort of player will be attracted by a club fighting relegation to sign permanently in January? 

I think it might be a few loans in January with one sort of “marquee” signing…if it’s just someone like Tarkowski permanently that’s more of a “two man pop up you leave at Glastonbury” though… :unsure:

13 hours ago, strawb said:

There’s Bob hope of Trippier leaving atletico for us, they like him and he seems to be enjoying it.

We desperately need a strong, mobile midfielder who can get around the pitch and give us some legs. Someone like Ndidi from Leicester but that’s a pipe dream. It would take so much pressure off the defence that they might not look so shite. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/11/05/really-interested-bbc-journalist-claims-newcastle-in-talks-over-20m-atletico-madrid-star/%3famp

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’d just be happy for someone to go and find us another Cabaye and Tioté 💛

We're shopping in different markets now. Tiote did a decent job for a season. When we played Man City on the last home game of that season, Yaya Toure bossed the midfield. That's the level we'll be signing. No more Graham Carr moneyball shite.

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’d just be happy for someone to go and find us another Cabaye and Tioté 💛

CT looking at the nominations for the ballon d'Or listening and singing along to Queen's 'Somebody to love' with the button mushroom twitching like a bunny rabbit's nose. :good:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Origi anyone? 

Is that a joke? I ask because there's banter from Liverpool fans that they want Howe to spunk 75m on Origi given he wasted 35m on Solanke and Ibe when he was at Bournemouth. In fairness he is a decent player, but 15, 20m is the limit I'd pay for him. 

• Tom locked this topic