The Entirely Reasonable Potential Transfers Thread

Ayatollah Hermione

I don’t think it’ll happen but could you imagine the fucking explosion of hatred towards us on Twitter :lol: especially if he scored from a Trippier cross against Southampton. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Not as reliable as Ciaomanheyman but as he's busy.

Doesnt say he thrives on decent service and thinks his right leg is for standing on only….scores most from round the penalty spot….and penalties….lots… of penalties… :cuppa:

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Doesnt say he thrives on decent service and thinks his right leg is for standing on only….scores most from round the penalty spot….and penalties….lots… of penalties… :cuppa:

So you don't want him then?

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

If Rafa wants rid and Digne has already proven to be a contrary cunt, do we really want him?

Yes, I see it as Rafa doing his best to keep us up.

Honestly though Digne is an excellent player, I presume his issue with Rafa is to do with the style of football, Howe would potentially suit him much better. 

• Like 4

Just now, Andrew said:

Yes, I see it as Rafa doing his best to keep us up.

Honestly though Digne is an excellent player, I presume his issue with Rafa is to do with the style of football, Howe would potentially suit him much better. 

Aye, he fell out with Rafa over tactics and Howe has been driving this deal as he did with the Trippier one. I’m just glad we’ve thrown a bid in, especially one Everton will surely accept (covers the fee for their new left back as well as gives them a player Rafa wants), now the onus is on Chelsea and West Ham to match it if they want him - I can’t see Everton accepting a loan deal if they have this offer which will pressure Digne a little. Hopefully we can get in Botman, or I’m hearing Umtiti is climbing up our radar, as I think having names like that alongside Trippier would help to convince if we are the only option besides staying. 

• Like 1

If Longy has been offered as bait, it's going to stick in his neck if he doesn't go before January is out. I'd keep him for now and shell Hendrick instead. Of course if Jeff has kids in school he's going nowhere, is he Isaac?

Edited by Chaser

Love that we are chasing a LB, not sure if Digne has the right attitude for our predicament but ability wise hes a massive upgrade. £22m + longstaff seems about right as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

What's this kid like? Vlahovic?  Where is our Italian correspondent? 

Ciaomanheyman is busy right now so he is, but I'm his Irish cousin, YermanYerman, looks like the deal to get yer man from Linfield might be a step closer as the player has indicated he's prepared to give it a go in England if the club can have a word with the council and move him up the housing list if he moves over and......hang on now......is this the Sunderland forum? 

• Haha 7

Apparently the fallout with Rafa is a smokescreen. An Evertonian friend reckons Digne has probably been their best player of tne past few seasons and doesn’t question his attitude in the slightest. The real story is they need to shift him from the wage bill. If he goes they can get two-three players in without breaching the financial rules so it’s all about the salaries - a spat has been concocted to cover for the real story, which is six years of calamitous mis-management of the club’s finances. 

I did my best to console him that Rafa has experience managing a selling club and he should keep the faith. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Be a shame to see Shaun go but very few of this lot will be at the club in the short to medium term. Everton will be a good move for him. 

You’d have to feel for his family. He comes from good stock 

• Haha 3

We are also strongly linked to Ramsey and Botman, rumoured to be interested in Coutinho and Kamara, and looking for strikers too. Which, given we have a full squad, makes you wonder who or how we are going to get rid of 4 or 5 players in the next 3 weeks 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

We are also strongly linked to Ramsey and Botman, rumoured to be interested in Coutinho and Kamara, and looking for strikers too. Which, given we have a full squad, makes you wonder who or how we are going to get rid of 4 or 5 players in the next 3 weeks 

alfred hitchcock workout GIF

• Haha 2

• Tom locked this topic