Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

:lol: I think it’s funny tbh. I also find it hilarious that our fans are performing mental gymnastics to defend a bloke that’s shite and been pushing to leave the club since the day he walked in the door. 

:lol: Also one of them goes on to say Miggys mags live rent free in their heads, they smacked us aside 5-0 ffs. 

Trying to compare Grealish to him is pathetic by this lot too, not even in the same stratosphere of player. The only player at Man City that created more per game than Grealish was De Bruyne (2.5 chances to 2.4), his goals and assists will go up next year whereas Almiron will be playing for a Spanish relegation battler. 

I know you two weren’t making these points btw, I’m just getting tired of our fans on Twitter being so precious and calling all our players good servants.

I can see people thinking it’s harsh on Almiron but Almiron did spend the game against them kicking Grealish all over whenever he got the chance :lol:. I also honestly like to see players be a bit more genuine and take the piss out of each other rather than all being boring professional robots who just say every other player is class. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

Tbh I found the Grealish thing quite funny. He was just slagging anyone off that came into his head, including his team mates.

Clearly had a good drink & was just having a laugh. 

Nothing to fuss over. :lol: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I think Almiron has a good nature about him.  What Grealish has done is unwarranted.  Just enjoy your success you boring cunt.

He seems fine, the same way most footballers are. I just don’t think it’s that serious or that Grealish owes him anything, he spent the game against Man City fouling Grealish and then diving (with Grealish doing the diving bit too), so I’m sure it wound Grealish up and they’ve had a laugh after the match about how shit Almiron is (in their opinion) so he’s brought that up when he’s drunk and having a laugh.

“Professional” no but I also really don’t get why he has to be? I agree he was being a nob, I found it funny whereas you and Craig didn’t which is fine - I just can’t get my head around our fans on Twitter getting so precious over it. 

I suppose for me I’m just hitting a bit of a breaking point with all this reverence of our players from everyone on Twitter. Like people posting about how mint Gayle is and that he didn’t get a good chance (despite leading our line for a season and a half in the PL), or saying they’re all good servants, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

He seems fine, the same way most footballers are. I just don’t think it’s that serious or that Grealish owes him anything, he spent the game against Man City fouling Grealish and then diving (with Grealish doing the diving bit too), so I’m sure it wound Grealish up and they’ve had a laugh after the match about how shit Almiron is (in their opinion) so he’s brought that up when he’s drunk and having a laugh.

“Professional” no but I also really don’t get why he has to be? I agree he was being a nob, I found it funny whereas you and Craig didn’t which is fine - I just can’t get my head around our fans on Twitter getting so precious over it. 

I suppose for me I’m just hitting a bit of a breaking point with all this reverence of our players from everyone on Twitter. Like people posting about how mint Gayle is and that he didn’t get a good chance (despite leading our line for a season and a half in the PL), or saying they’re all good servants, etc. 

Almiron has been a fucking great servant to be honest. Ashley had him serving in the canteen when he was injured to save on Sodexo agency fees.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

What did he actually say? I saw the video last night but couldn't decipher his pissed, Brummie twang with the noise in the background.

He was banging on about Silva being shite in the game and that subbing him off was the turning point, then said Silva was playing like Almiron. 

• Like 1

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

Almiron has been a fucking great servant to be honest. Ashley had him serving in the canteen when he was injured to save on Sodexo agency fees.

:lol: 

It does my head in man. You have Ciaran Clark making £38k a week and refusing to leave despite being unregistered and people going “what a great servant to the club this man is”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: 

It does my head in man. You have Ciaran Clark making £38k a week and refusing to leave despite being unregistered and people going “what a great servant to the club this man is”

This annoys me about football fans. Why the fuck should Clark leave, he has a contract it’s entirely up to him to decide whether he wants to move or not.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

This annoys me about football fans. Why the fuck should Clark leave, he has a contract it’s entirely up to him to decide whether he wants to move or not.

I’m not bothered if he does or doesn’t, if he’s on that amount of money it’s up to him - I just mean I’m tired of hearing all these poor players being called good servants when they’ve been making fucking fortunes compared to what they should have been making, and playing PL football when they should have really been in the Championship. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Howay said:

I’m not bothered if he does or doesn’t, if he’s on that amount of money it’s up to him - I just mean I’m tired of hearing all these poor players being called good servants when they’ve been making fucking fortunes compared to what they should have been making, and playing PL football when they should have really been in the Championship. 

he's an honest pro. 

honest in how he openly steals a living 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Since Almiron is gradually transforming in to a Willington Quay skip rat, I’m looking forward to him shivving the brummie shithouse when we beat them next season :lol:

• Haha 4

I always laugh at Manchester United or Arsenal fans whinging about being crap, between them I think they’ve had about one mid table finish in 20+ years, and had shit loads of trophies in that time. Yet the media regularly talks about how they’re suffering etc despite both spunking loads on highly rated players and competing for European spots :lol: 

• Like 2

Yeh they’ve won stuff recently too. However the more they slide in to insignificance at the expenses of teams like ourselves & they more irrelevant they become ill raise a glass

An inevitably die of some kind of drink related disease.

• Haha 2