Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

EVERTON ARE GOING DOWN. ITS HAPPENING. 

Just went to Grand Old Team (Everton forum) to see how they're dealing with it over there. I think the following post is probably the most common:

[Poor language removed]

• Haha 6

That is actually Leeds right in it now too assuming they lose later. It'd be a bit cheap to have Leeds go down instead of Everton tbh - could have handled Burnley since they've been up against it all season but Leeds have just sort of drifted down at the wrong moment.

As I said a few months ago you'll see more propaganda than during a full scale war for Lampard should Everton go down. His mates in the media will be falling over themselves to point out how shite the Everton owner is, how much money they've spent on shite players etc. They'll have a point to a degree, but a) Lampard has still done shite, so far at least but it would need to be some turnaround now, and b) if it were someone not part of their clique they'd hammer him almost as much as the owner. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That is actually Leeds right in it now too assuming they lose later. It'd be a bit cheap to have Leeds go down instead of Everton tbh - could have handled Burnley since they've been up against it all season but Leeds have just sort of drifted down at the wrong moment.

Was just thinking that it'd be infuriating if they go down instead of Everton. They have City, Arsenal and Chelsea to play so it's a real possibility. 

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Everton need a point a game just to get past Leeds and Burnley's current points total. Season to date they're not averaging a point a game and Burnley and Leeds will pick up at least SOME points between now and the end of the season. 

It's a massive ask for Everton to get out of this now. 

That said, Everton might not get 5 points between now and the end of the season. Burnley and Leeds probably just need to find one win from somewhere and Everton are absolutely fucked. They might be already. Edit: in relation to Aimaad / Rayvin and Leeds going down 

Edited by Alex

Working it through...

I mean looking at who they've got left, I can see Everton (if they're really at the races, picking up points against Watford, maybe Brentford and maybe Palace. Could be anything from 4 to the full 9 points there. Unlikely on the 9 but not unthinkable. Would put them on 38.

Burnley maybe 4 points off Villa and 1 from us, putting them on 39. I actually do think Burnley have saved themselves now unless Stevie G suddenly becomes decent.

Leeds have to target Brighton and Brentford but honestly I think that's 3 points at best. Putting them on 37 too. I think that's the thing, if Leeds win both those games, Everton are finished - but Brighton for instance have just stuck 3 past Wolves away today. I don't really see Leeds taking them apart.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

That said, Everton might not get 5 points between now and the end of the season. Burnley and Leeds probably just need to find one win from somewhere and Everton are absolutely fucked. They might be already. Edit: in relation to Aimaad / Rayvin and Leeds going down 

True enough but you do get weird results and/or revivals in the relegation battle come the end of the season. Good thing is most of the Everton lot don't seem to have the attitude for it. 

Either way it should provide great entertainment watching them try to desperately hang on before dropping to the second tier, while we get bored with our uneventful mid table finish.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Working it through...

I mean looking at who they've got left, I can see Everton (if they're really at the races, picking up points against Watford, maybe Brentford and maybe Palace. Could be anything from 4 to the full 9 points there. Unlikely on the 9 but not unthinkable. Would put them on 38.

Burnley maybe 4 points off Villa and 1 from us, putting them on 39. I actually do think Burnley have saved themselves now unless Stevie G suddenly becomes decent.

Leeds have to target Brighton and Brentford but honestly I think that's 3 points at best. Putting them on 37 too. I think that's the thing, if Leeds win both those games, Everton are finished - but Brighton for instance have just stuck 3 past Wolves away today. I don't really see Leeds taking them apart.

But that of course assumes that Everton win all 3 of their ''winnable' games.

Honestly I am coming around to this now, I think Everton might well be fucked. It's not impossible for them to get out of it, but they're gonna have to dig fucking deep.

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

True enough but you do get weird results and/or revivals in the relegation battle come the end of the season. Good thing is most of the Everton lot don't seem to have the attitude for it. 

Either way it should provide great entertainment watching them try to desperately hang on before dropping to the second tier, while we get bored with our uneventful mid table finish.

I think that’s a massive factor though, ie too many of them not being up for the fight. 

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

You’re not relegated until you’ve fulfilled all of your fixtures,hence the craic from the makems about relegating us is absolute nonsense .

:lol: I wondered where this was going, I wasn’t disappointed 

• Haha 6

Which is precisely where their fans are tbh. They think they're finished.

How many years is it? 75? Roughly equivalent to the number of years we'll have to listen to Gemmill harp on about how he called it :cuppa: 

• Haha 6

Just now, Alex said:

Perspective is a funny thing because if we were in Everton’s shoes we’d think we were gone 

On that note just a few months back we actually really did think that. 

Chin up lads, enjoy this relegation shit show and the summer to come. :nufc: 

• Thanks 1