Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

:lol:

I mean tbf, there's a context that matters here. It's not like City celebrated or were even aware whenever it was that they became mathematically certain not to go down. The whole league starts the season in a relegation battle in CT's eyes, clearly :D 

33 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Wrong! I just wanted to enjoy it a bit more, at SJP, on the drink, with Eddie and the boys. :lol:

Anyway, I’m out of this petty discussion and will leave you with this :lol: 

ED8008AF-1466-417E-8FBF-F7705EC5272E.thumb.jpeg.dd6fde3f53107bf22503d63226786df9.jpeg

Hold on there ya chode, you've screen grabbed (I presume because either the context makes you look stupid, or you're too stupid to work out how to link to the page) me obviously joking about being mathematically safe in February?! 

fwiw the table at that time looked like this;

image.thumb.png.3cfe0e458e2c3b6fc550fe953fd2e2be.png

and ended up 

image.thumb.png.97d282e293bd04d43d31b4d6124228f3.png

So we were mathematically safe.

Lap of honour on game 14 by players and staff to crown this achievement. Visiting Leicester City players look on with bemusement, joined by the rest of the country.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

after 14 games

14 wins , aye? 

That’d put us on 42 points though. 

At which point in our 14th game could we say we’ve earned 1 point, to hit the 40 point mark, so that Bunter can put his magic hat on and have a raging boner? 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Lap of honour on game 14 by players and staff to crown this achievement. Visiting Leicester City players look on with bemusement, joined by the rest of the country.

Quite right too. Eddie Howe's second trophy, the Mathematical Safety 2022/23 Cup, to sit alongside the Mathematical Safety 2021/22 Cup in the St. James' Park trophy cabinet. :first:  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

14 wins , aye? 

That’d put us on 42 points though. 

At which point in our 14th game could we say we’ve earned 1 point, to hit the 40 point mark, so that Bunter can put his magic hat on and have a raging boner? 

Well, technically straight after kick off we level in our 14th game meaning a 'live table' would account for that point. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Meenzer said:

Quite right too. Eddie Howe's second trophy, the Mathematical Safety 2022/23 Cup, to sit alongside the Mathematical Safety 2021/22 Cup in the St. James' Park trophy cabinet. :first:  

1 man 2 cups. 

CT- 

%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B1-%D0%BC%D1%83%D1

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Well, technically straight after kick off we level in our 14th game meaning a 'live table' would account for that point. 

This is the kind of pedantry I live for :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

The whole league starts the season in a relegation battle in CT's eyes, clearly :D 

As I said above, he's the perfect example of someone who has been conditioned by the Mike Ashley era. It's fucking nuts and the quotes he's pulling up from 2014 to argue with Dave aren't comparable. At the time we weren't in the healthy position we are now, nor did we play with the level of confidence we do now so he had every right to declare it. 

You're comparing apples with pears bought in different shopping trips.

14 minutes ago, Craig said:

As I said above, he's the perfect example of someone who has been conditioned by the Mike Ashley era. It's fucking nuts and the quotes he's pulling up from 2014 to argue with Dave aren't comparable. At the time we weren't in the healthy position we are now, nor did we play with the level of confidence we do now so he had every right to declare it. 

You're comparing apples with pears bought in different shopping trips.

Complaining John Oliver GIF

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Come on CT- I see you lurking. 

What combo of results would get us 40 points after 14 games. 

You have 1 minute. :lol:

It’s been two hours- is the laddie still not back from school yet? :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He's probably still calculating the permutations on the results that'd get us relegated. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

safety has already been clinched. no team has ever gone down on our current points total. 

But, there's always a first time 😝

51 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Busy in the real world filling in student finance forms for the bairns university. 

Im sure there a few on here that design these things for the government? If so, we’re you on drugs ffs :( 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Busy in the real world filling in student finance forms for the bairns university. 

Im sure there a few on here that design these things for the government? If so, we’re you on drugs ffs :( 

Used to be a piece of piss til the Tories fucked everything, and everyone. 

Reap what you sow. 

( how’s it difficult? Just tick “poverty line” on every box and you’re done )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1