Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

4 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I remember the Becks tap in the Strawberry with immense fondness….like a fragile ornament…mind my liver hated the fuckin thing and it also thinks I’m a cunt to this day :D

Β 

Β 

A06E367A-D736-436F-8D5B-E127E70079E3.jpeg

Oz loves that tap :lol:Β 

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I was horrific when I went to pubs selling something called Becks 4 ages ago. I am pretty sure there was someone literally taking the piss producing this aberration.

Beck’s Vier or something? The proper small bottles of Beck’s was probably my introduction to decent lager. Still a nice tippleΒ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Beck’s Vier or something? The proper small bottles of Beck’s was probably my introduction to decent lager. Still a nice tippleΒ 

I do rarely drink beer from the north of Germany but stick to the stuff from the south that is much nicer. It’s got hundreds of different beers for sale and I do always get lost in the aisles.

Β 

Β 

E7D5E473-02EA-4CBD-ACBB-3D778DA3DCC7.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I do rarely drink beer from the north of Germany but stick to the stuff from the south that is much nicer. It’s got hundreds of different beers for sale and I do always get lost in the aisles.

Β 

Β 

E7D5E473-02EA-4CBD-ACBB-3D778DA3DCC7.jpeg

German beer is class and I wouldn’t class Beck’s as one of the best I’ve tasted or anything but sometimes you just want a nice cold lager on a sunny day and it still more than does the job.Β 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

German beer is class and I wouldn’t class Beck’s as one of the best I’ve tasted or anything but sometimes you just want a nice cold lager on a sunny day and it still more than does the job.Β 

when I was working in England 15 years ago and people were always starting conversations about the quality of German, I raised the idea to open a pub only serving German beer. People were liking the idea but not my suggestions how the pub should be called. My favourites were β€œThe Converted Penalty”, Β β€œOver the bar” and β€œThe smiling Kuntz”.

• Haha 4