The new manager thread

Polarboy

21 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

There's another one out since then, he's having a go at all his critics. :lol:

The lad's losing it a bit, but he won't be stopped!

I think this thread must be feeding his viewing figures.

He does seem to have an odd accent at the beginning of each video, as if he's getting himself into a Geordie character. YEAH He also contradicts himself several times in that video, talking about trolls whilst admitting he was bitching about Howe before he was appointed. YEAH Of course it doesn't bother him, but he was bothered enough to release a video on it. 🤥

23 minutes ago, Alan Doh'liver said:

There's another one out since then, he's having a go at all his critics. :lol:

The lad's losing it a bit, but he won't be stopped!

The fucking knackers who blow smoke up his arse seem to be as bad. All that keep doing an amazing job, Adam mate. His videos are fucking dross. Fair enough if he actually is making a decent living out of it but I’m missing something somewhere if he is 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

The fucking knackers who blow smoke up his arse seem to be as bad. All that keep doing an amazing job, Adam mate. His videos are fucking dross. Fair enough if he actually is making a decent living out of it but I’m missing something somewhere if he is 

Aye I watched a couple of his videos for the lols but there's not much you'd go back for other than that. He can barely string two sentences together, just babbles and splutters at breakneck speed, usually repeating himself a few times in the process. 

I mean there's better stuff out there if you want to watch fan videos. I don't normally, but came across a few when looking for Howe videos. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The amount of knackers on twitter is off the fucking scale.

Don’t listen to the h8trs, mate. Just keep doin what your doin. There just jelis 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Don’t listen to the h8trs, mate. Just keep doin what your doin. There just jelis 

:lol: :lol:

Silence.....

If you have come to comment on me then just jog on. Honestly, I'm here to do my NUFC stuff so don't care what you h8rs say. 

Continued Silence......

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Tom said:

I imagine that’s sports science department is a cupboard where they keep the bins. Untouched since Allardyce’s days of fraudulence. 

I bet that Simon Tweddle is still clinging onto his job, surviving like a fucking roach.

Interesting article on the Athletic today about Newcastle's squad vs "peak ages" for each position.

Basically what they've done is look at the last ten years of playing time across all teams in the Premier League and calculated which player ages see the most playing time for each position. This is a good determinant of both a) ability at different ages for each position to and b) availability for selection. 

Of the 22 players that have turned out for NUFC this season, Newcastle has only 4 players that are below the peak age for their position - so only 4 players with their best years ahead of them (and this assumes they even have good years ahead of them, which given the quality of the squad...) 

There are 8 players currently at their peak age, and 10 players that are already past peak and, in theory at least, are on the slide (from a peak that wasn't that great anyway). 

On average, our squad is 1 year past it's peak age. Watford fare the worst, with a squad which is on average 3 years past its peak. Best is Arsenal, with a squad that is on average 1.6 years younger than peak age.

Anyway. The point is it demonstrates the task in hand. 10 players in decline, most of them concentrated in defensive positions, and only Woodman, Lewis, Willock and ASM with their best years ahead of them. 

We might actually need half a billion just to put this right. 

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Interesting article on the Athletic today about Newcastle's squad vs "peak ages" for each position.

Basically what they've done is look at the last ten years of playing time across all teams in the Premier League and calculated which player ages see the most playing time for each position. This is a good determinant of both a) ability at different ages for each position to and b) availability for selection. 

Of the 22 players that have turned out for NUFC this season, Newcastle has only 4 players that are below the peak age for their position - so only 4 players with their best years ahead of them (and this assumes they even have good years ahead of them, which given the quality of the squad...) 

There are 8 players currently at their peak age, and 10 players that are already past peak and, in theory at least, are on the slide (from a peak that wasn't that great anyway). 

On average, our squad is 1 year past it's peak age. Watford fare the worst, with a squad which is on average 3 years past its peak. Best is Arsenal, with a squad that is on average 1.6 years younger than peak age.

Anyway. The point is it demonstrates the task in hand. 10 players in decline, most of them concentrated in defensive positions, and only Woodman, Lewis, Willock and ASM with their best years ahead of them. 

We might actually need half a billion just to put this right. 

It's a bit of a reductionist look at things though. Jamie Vardy is well past his peak, but I'd take him over a peak Joelinton any day!

I mean with any statistical analysis there'll be outliers when you start to look at standout individuals. But we don't have any standout individuals at NUFC. We have a squad that was never good enough, and which is now both not good enough AND, on average, too old. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean with any statistical analysis there'll be outliers when you start to look at standout individuals. But we don't have any standout individuals at NUFC. We have a squad that was never good enough, and which is now both not good enough AND, on average, too old. 

I read that article, and tbh you don't really need statistics to see how Ashley had basically run the squad down in the last few years, although he was hardly doing a stellar job before that either. I think giving new contracts to players who were clearly shot, such as Gayle and Shelvey, was just about keeping the club going until it was sold, then the squad was someone else's problem. 

I suppose PIF probably negotiated the price down accordingly, I read the club was sold for around £305m eventually, pretty sure it was priced at £350m originally. 

In any case, agree it will cost a shitload to inflate the value of that squad, probably why PIF are the only buyers who would touch us. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's a bit of a reductionist look at things though. Jamie Vardy is well past his peak, but I'd take him over a peak Joelinton any day!

But Vardy will have players around him that help him out.  BUJ7 has the likes of Ritchie, Shelvey etc. Coupled with that we have had Brewcie. 

• Like 1