The new manager thread

Polarboy

It's inconceivable to me that the first manager PIF appoints would be some low-level knuckle-dragger like Eddie Howe or, God forbid, Lampard. They're going to want their first appointment to be a marquee signing. Someone who's actually won something. 

What they want and what is achievable, given the mess Ashley left the club in, are two entirely different things. Top managers are like some top surgeon's, they don't want to take too much risk and end up with a dead body on their table and record. The equivalent for a manager of course is a relegation. It's unfortunate, but as a manager you're pretty much as good as your last job. 

16 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

What they want and what is achievable, given the mess Ashley left the club in, are two entirely different things. Top managers are like some top surgeon's, they don't want to take too much risk and end up with a dead body on their table and record. The equivalent for a manager of course is a relegation. It's unfortunate, but as a manager you're pretty much as good as your last job. 

Which is why Fonseca has been the only one who has publicly put his hat in for the job. He's still relatively green and is trying to build a reputation whereas those like Conte and Rogers have made theirs already. 

TBF to the new owners they have a SHIT load of 14 years of neglect on their hands.  Not just from the playing staff and coaching stuff.  But to basics like having the fucking windows clean.

What does concern me, if they need the sign off from the top bod.  When it comes to Jan Transfer window if we continue to do this we wont sign any fucker!

48 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Spurs have managed to sack Nuno and agree terms with Conte within 24 hours. Giving Graeme Jones a 3rd game in charge is fucking mental 

Man U fans will be raging that their board dithered over sacking Ole, they were talking about Conte going to Old Trafford last week. 

People need to chill the fuck out! :lol:

(that’s my most @Gemmill post on here to date. ;) 

In a few weeks we’ve gone from Ashley to the RICHEST CLUB IN THE WORLD.

Ive gone from forcing myself to watch Newcastle to actually watching as many different teams as I can. The apathy has gone. I’m back in love with football. 

Not only has hope returned, but also the certainty that pretty soon we will be back competing at the top table. European nights are coming. We are probably going to win something :lol: 

The fact that our new owners have been caught a little on the hop doesn’t bother me at all.

Very soon we will have a “big boy” run football club with DOF, corporate directors, the whole shabang and decisions will run like clockwork.

Things are a bit slow with the current set up but this will all change soon. We all know that.

They have a shortlist, it’s now in the hands of the big cheeses and whether it’s this week or next bothers me little. 

Even a dip into the championship, while sad, would only be a very short dent in the overall trajectory.

Happy fucking days man!

(pub night)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

People need to chill the fuck out! :lol:

(that’s my most @Gemmill post on here to date. ;) 

We've always seen the similarities to be fair, CT. :good:

41 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

@Howmanheyman You're in there

One night of love then an eternity under a patio on a building site he's had to visit. Not for me, Meenz. :lol:

• Haha 8

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread