The new manager thread

Polarboy

Apparently our new owners are preparing to approach Rafa again. What are the realistic chances of him coming back here. He's not had the best reception at Everton & obviously he has unfinished business here. It would be brilliant if Rafa came back & also Keegan & Shearer as ambassadors for the club. What do you think lads ?

He's known for not breaking contracts, so unless he loses a few more matches with Everton, and the Everton hierarchy signal to him that they'd be happy for him to leave by mutual consent, then I can't see it happening. Plus there's the fact that he's likely desperate to make a success of Everton given how close he is to his family home at present. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/newcastle/next-permanent-manager

I'd have keegan back till the end of the season in preference to 3 of the top 6 in that list, possibly 4.

the top 2 I know next to fuck all about, but then I'd have to concede I've found it hard to drum up much interest in nufc for large parts of the last 13 years, never mind the fortunes of managerial careers in europe!  :)

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, trooper said:

Apparently our new owners are preparing to approach Rafa again. What are the realistic chances of him coming back here. He's not had the best reception at Everton & obviously he has unfinished business here. It would be brilliant if Rafa came back & also Keegan & Shearer as ambassadors for the club. What do you think lads ?

I doubt very much our new owners are preparing to approach Rafa again. They could stick with Jones and see if Rafa gets sacked before January I suppose, but would be a pretty irresponsible approach tbh. 

5 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/newcastle/next-permanent-manager

I'd have keegan back till the end of the season in preference to 3 of the top 6 in that list, possibly 4.

the top 2 I know next to fuck all about, but then I'd have to concede I've found it hard to drum up much interest in nufc for large parts of the last 13 years, never mind the fortunes of managerial careers in europe!  :)

Same 

Jardim managed the Monaco side that won the league in the 16/17 season. He worked under Luis Campos when he was sporting director there for two seasons. So that would make sense if we are lining up Campos as sporting director. I'm personally not put off by him currently managing a Saudi team given he has extensive experience in Europe. Him and Campos could make a very good team if that's what the owners are trying to line up. 

11 hours ago, trooper said:

new owners are preparing to approach Rafa again. What are the realistic chances of him coming back here

Slim to none, he would be ideal in the short to middle term though and still worth pursuing since he's still hated by Everton fans and there rumours of there being a rift between him and his bosses. He's already got a tune out of a lot of these players that are now deemed not up to scratch and undoubtedly has a checklist of "why I didn't see eye to eye with Ashley and what needs to be prioritised".

• Like 1

I see Martinez' odds have shortened which I find horrifying. Although it's likely that the only people who know who's likely to be the next manager are Staveley and co. I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez' odds shortening is largely down to Craig Hope's barely vaguely ominous tweet about Martinez perhaps reuniting with Jones. Hope is perhaps adding two and two together and getting five from the news that Jones has been guaranteed a job going forward. I mean Jardim's odds shortening seemed to be directly influenced by a tweet put out and then deleted by Sky Sports News Saudi Arabia. 

• Polarboy changed the title to Who do you want as the next manager? Howe, for now.
  • Meenzer changed the title to The new manager thread