The dignified cabbage’s 1000th game

Dr Gloom

Just reread his "woe is me" speech which he dictated to Luke Baldwards and I noticed that he didn't categorically announce his retirement. He said it might be his last job. Leaving himself him leeway to leech a few more £millions from the next dimwit chairman, the crafty fucker. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Do any of Bruce's books have any prose as poetic as "tactically inept, cabbage head"? It's been in my head all week, it's beautifully constructed.

This has a few choice quotes, and also this gem in review - “They weren’t so much ghostwritten as written by seance.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the42.ie/steve-bruce-novel-5510816-Aug2021/%3Famp%3D1

• Haha 2

On 23/10/2021 at 10:11, Dr Gloom said:

Intentionally verbose IMO. The 20 minute mark and above gives you a better chance of being picked up and promoted in the suggested videos algorithm. YT likes longer videos because there is more time to push ads at viewers. 

Agree with Rayvin about TG. Don’t always like his content but it’s impressive how quickly he went from small time YouTuber to influencer. 

Now you're talking my language.

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Telegraph sports editor: "Hello? Who? Luke Edwards?......Ah right! Sorry, Luke, mind went blank there! How's things?......What?.......You want to work a bit closer to home?...... well, hang on, I think there's a spot in London coming up, old Bob's retiring in the summer.......What? West Midlands?.......Well it is closer than Noocarsuhl I suppose, but, err, why?"

• Haha 2

Aye it’s a shame for them tbh. They’ll have to put up with his legion of defenders in the media for why the football they’re served up every week is fucking shit and why they failed in a bid for promotion. 

He’s a fucking shit manager, that’s the end of it. Edwards embarrasses himself everytime the topic comes up, the Newcastle fans were spot on from the off regarding Bruce but he’s conveniently just moved on from it, I’m sure he will similarly act like that comment wasn’t his opinion when it goes wrong at WBA. 

• Like 3