Apologies

Guest Ant

11 hours ago, Guest Ant said:

Sorry for the downtime lads, one block in a 12yr tenure isn't bad going (and it wasn't a technical fuck up so my skills remain intact)

As I said to a few people not sure what happened sunday night/monday utterly bizarre and not like me to get frantic/panicked for any reason, likelihood a combo of things over the last while have been in my head more than i thought and it just took something to tip the cart, and I had a mare that simple and went nuclear trying to shift stuff away, near forgot to pick up the wee man from school or so i thought, ended up leaving and being like 45mins early, yesterday was a shambles. :lol: 

Anyway thankfully Meenzer, Tom, and Andrew are going sort here from now on and are happy to take the reigns and keep it going while i step away, taking the place down weighed on me quite a bit considering how much it gets used/visitors it attracts from all over etc, so i'm happy they own it after my caretaker stint.

break for me for a bit anyway till we get relegated or sign Haaland 

cheers.gif

• Like 1

I wondered what had happened last few days, just assumed there'd been some kind of glitch since the forum update a week or so ago.

anyway, quite new here and haven't really took too much notice of the ownership/hierarchy of the place, I do know though that I've enjoyed being here the last couple of years and felt quite sad at its loss.

take care ant, pleased here's back and you find a happy place.  :)

• Like 4

Regarding the running costs. Would it be worth setting up some sort of monthly / annual subscription? Not suggesting it should be mandatory but I wouldn’t mind contributing. I don’t see why one or two individuals should be picking up the bill. I know Ant didn’t mind but I think it was c. £30 a month. Part of the update including removing software not being used where the licence fees were going up. So Ant’s work has stopped that but it’s still something where the costs should be spread out a bit imo 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Regarding the running costs. Would it be worth setting up some sort of monthly / annual subscription? Not suggesting it should be mandatory but I wouldn’t mind contributing. I don’t see why one or two individuals should be picking up the bill. I know Ant didn’t mind but I think it was c. £30 a month. Part of the update including removing software not being used where the licence fees were going up. So Ant’s work has stopped that but it’s still something where the costs should be spread out a bit imo 

We're discussing options and working on it at the moment.

Probably officially announce something in a couple of days :)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Premium sub if you want to read my posts. Loads of ways to play this one, lads.

It's already costing us just having to sift through your dribble.

Edited by sammynb

Obvs not a major thing but…..

I only use TT on my iPhone and when I click on it, it takes me to unread topics. When I then click on a topic, it takes me to page 1 of a topic.

I then have to click to the last page and then fiddle around to try and find the first new post.

I just noticed on N/O that it always took me straight to the first unread post. 

Given Ants genius, Im guessing it’s me :lol: 

Any help appreciated 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

I only use TT on my iPhone and when I click on it, it takes me to unread topics. When I then click on a topic, it takes me to page 1 of a topic.

I then have to click to the last page and then fiddle around to try and find the first new post.

Any help appreciated 👍🏻

Click on the little icon to the left of the thread title. Unreal that you haven't worked this out btw. FUCKING UNREAL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Any help appreciated 👍🏻

I actually flagged this with Ant when he started the upgrade the other day but for me it's when I'm lurking and don't want to login. It was fine before the upgrade but now it's shite, especially as you have to wade your way through Scotty's dribble 😉 to get to the decent posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Any help appreciated 👍🏻

I use TT on my phone a lot and haven't had that, do you have a bar at the bottom of the screen with "Forums, Unread, Notofications, Messages, More" on it?

If so, try using the Forums option rather than unread, I find it much easier to browse

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wondered what had happened last few days, just assumed there'd been some kind of glitch since the forum update a week or so ago.

anyway, quite new here and haven't really took too much notice of the ownership/hierarchy of the place, I do know though that I've enjoyed being here the last couple of years and felt quite sad at its loss.

take care ant, pleased here's back and you find a happy place.  :)

You were asked about on the temporary platform we used. :good:

(Not by me, like. I thought we were best got shot of you, tbh). ;)

• Haha 3

• Andrew unpinned this topic