Howe's Brazil Black and White Army v Fat Franks Right Wing Red Wall Bluedippers

wykikitoon

33 minutes ago, Tom said:

watched that earlier. i love the bloke who just comes running up to the camera and shouts "Shearer!" before fucking off again. no explanation required 

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

These fan TV things?........Nah. :lol:

They're funny in certain context. The Man Utd one having his meltdown last week will last the test of time :lol:

8 hours ago, Craig said:

We're currently a classic counter-attacking side to me - it accounts for why our possession is usually lower than the opposition. It's also supported by a point someone made the other day with regards the Leeds game - the longer the match went on, the more Leeds tired because we'd allowed them to take the game to us. We do appear to get stronger the longer the game goes on.

In ASM we've got someone who can be deadly with that approach. Our issue is we haven't got an in-form striker to stick the ball in the net. 

It goes against the style Howe is generally associated with - he's known for the passing game and building it up from the back. I think it's accepted that its a necessary approach with the current squad of players given the primary objective is to stay in the Premier League. With Ashworth (almost certainly) coming on board, everything at the club will be evolved to suit the style/ethos those running the club want - he said as much in that pitchside interview when he was at Brighton.

Thankfully Howe has identified that they needed to start pressing the opposition further up the pitch. Under the cabbage we seemed to let the opposition amble up to our 18 yard box before we started to press, against Everton the press started in the oppositions half. And yes that has a lot to do with fitness but also in getting players like Willock and big Joe further up the pitch to support the attack.

There was also a point against Everton where Lascelles started dropping deeper and Trippier basically bullocked him to get further up the pitch. Lascelles for some reason seems to think of himself as a sweeper but fuck me if he was an apprentice you wouldn't let him near the broom.

I think Lascelles's undoing is exposure when he's surrounded by shit. I'm interested to see if his game changes now he's surrounded by the likes of Trippier and Targett. One thing he's not is a leader. Sooner they hand that to Trippier, the better. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Craig said:

He still treats it like a derby, despite the fact he left Sunderland nearly 5 years ago. And it's totally on him, no one else. If he hadn't acted like a complete and utter tit in that game we won 3 season ago, he wouldn't get half the abuse he does. 

He hasn't the mentality to play in a derby. That is why he's not a top keeper. Top keepers can play in any game.

It didn’t really result in anything iirc, and he had a good tournament, but he lost his cool a few times at the Euros. Feels like it’s always on the horizon with him

41 minutes ago, Alex said:

It didn’t really result in anything iirc, and he had a good tournament, but he lost his cool a few times at the Euros. Feels like it’s always on the horizon with him

I just think there are 2, possibly 3 better options for England than him. Is he continued to be picked because it's habit meaning that other options are overlooked?

3 hours ago, Craig said:

They're funny in certain context. The Man Utd one having his meltdown last week will last the test of time :lol:

The mad Mackem or whatever he's called can be amusing laughing at his face when they concede as he reminds a bit of Michael Palin in ripping yarns but I sometimes feel a bit sorry for him whereas that Man U kid and the likes of Arsenal TV are just wankers on the grift.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

The mad Mackem or whatever he's called can be amusing laughing at his face when they concede as he reminds a bit of Michael Palin in ripping yarns but I sometimes feel a bit sorry for him whereas that Man U kid and the likes of Arsenal TV are just wankers on the grift.

Aye I avoid his videos now cos I don't want that sympathy in my life.

• Haha 1

Pickford is a liability for Everton.....I love it when they concede and he's flapping his arms around trying to blame everyone ,loved the way he was pushed all the over the place for our second goal ......the guy is an absolute prick

11 hours ago, Dougle said:

The surprising element for me is how crap Leicester have been over the past 3 months. Didn't appreciate that until I saw that table.

40 minutes ago, Craig said:

The surprising element for me is how crap Leicester have been over the past 3 months. Didn't appreciate that until I saw that table.

There is a time that comes for all managers when his methods become ineffective unless he changes things. Leicester reached that stage 3 months ago.