Eddie Howe

Tom

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Ledge 

Incredible manager. I fully admit I was not convinced when we initially got him, I really feared given the struggles he has previously had on the defensive side of the game that we would go down (although I thought he’d do well in the Championship). I’ve never been happier to be proven completely fucking wrong. The way he worked in his time away to improve and adapt his game, focusing on his weaknesses and turning them to a strength is absolutely incredible and full credit to him. He’s an example for other coaches on how to utilize time out of a job, but sadly the media thinks sinking 10 pints of Guinness a day in the diamond makes you worthy of PL jobs. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 5

Mind, we shouldn’t forget that Bruce made such a terrible impression that, even though the owners knew the selection process would take a good while, they’d rather entrust the job to a bloke who couldn’t hack it at Luton because he was an actual coach than rely on the bloke with 25 years managerial experience :lol: Didn’t he come in “early” the day after the takeover which transpired was about 10AM. Howe is on his 6th cup of coffee and 3rd shit by then

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Craig said:

Only one contender, surely? 

:lol: The first replies I saw. Unreal the way the media narrative has warped simpletons like this. A bloke with an arsenal player in his avatar saying this! Despite the fact Arsenal have outspent us by a fucking mile over the same time frame despite having a much more advanced start point. 

In fact it’s full of Arsenal fans saying Howe has spent loads :lol: what fucking planet are these people on? I look forward to seeing what a Howe team looks and plays like when he’s spent what Arteta has…

Edited by Howay
  • Like 9

26 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: The first replies I saw. Unreal the way the media narrative has warped simpletons like this. A bloke with an arsenal player in his avatar saying this! Despite the fact Arsenal have outspent us by a fucking mile over the same time frame despite having a much more advanced start point. 

In fact it’s full of Arsenal fans saying Howe has spent loads :lol: what fucking planet are these people on? I look forward to seeing what a Howe team looks and plays like when he’s spent what Arteta has…

'Ja' thought he had his first pube till he pissed out of it tbh. :cuppa:

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Arsenal probably the most embarrassing fan base in the whole division. Such a huge amount of entitled long suffering clueless cunts amongst their ranks 

Goonered YP

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Arsenal probably the most embarrassing fan base in the whole division. Such a huge amount of entitled clueless cunts amongst their ranks 

I caught a bit of the reception Wenger got the other day - deserved cheers/applause - but the hypocrisy given how viciously they drove him out fucking stank. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Arsenal probably the most embarrassing fan base in the whole division. Such a huge amount of entitled clueless cunts amongst their ranks 

Aye, the attendance the other night for a team leading the league was embarrassing.

image.thumb.jpeg.66789c473e530bc136820d80c4311b43.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alex said:

Agreed, worst fan base going iyam. I’ve met a bunch and Arsenal fan TV isn’t a bad representation of them, absolutely deluded, entitled bellends with very media led shallow views on other teams and players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Agreed, worst fan base going iyam. I’ve met a bunch and Arsenal fan TV isn’t a bad representation of them, absolutely deluded, entitled bellends with very media led shallow views on other teams and players. 

Spurs are no better. Absolute cunts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 28/12/2022 at 16:29, Howay said:

99.9% of Arsenal fans are wankers

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Good read. 👍 One of the comments has a scouse MLF version. Scouse mackems indeed! :D

Barry Gray

24 MIN AGO

As an Evertonian living in Bournemouth, the failure of the EFC board to recruit Howe given the numerous opportunities they had shows everything that is wrong within the EFC hierarchy. Howe, (a boyhood Evertonian), worked a modern-day miracle with the Cherries on a tiny budget. He would have been far more considered and circumspect with Moshiri’s money and we might be challenging top 6 today, rather than relegation fodder.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Good read. 👍 One of the comments has a scouse MLF version. Scouse mackems indeed! :D

Barry Gray

24 MIN AGO

As an Evertonian living in Bournemouth, the failure of the EFC board to recruit Howe given the numerous opportunities they had shows everything that is wrong within the EFC hierarchy. Howe, (a boyhood Evertonian), worked a modern-day miracle with the Cherries on a tiny budget. He would have been far more considered and circumspect with Moshiri’s money and we might be challenging top 6 today, rather than relegation fodder.

:lol: One of the best bits of that comment, aside from the similarity to their Wearside brothers, is it further shows the fucking delusion the Everton fan base has. The implication he’s making is that Eddie Howe is the only difference between the two clubs, which entirely misses the phenomenal job our owners have done - the two clubs are now fucking miles apart, Howe didn’t select these players our recruitment team did, while the turnaround has been at break neck speed it’s not by fluke. It also completely ignores how transformative Howe’s time away from management was to his coaching ability, again though the Everton fan shows similarity to the mackems that his football knowledge is basically if we had him we’d be class regardless of when they got him, the surrounding circumstances, etc. If Howe had went there he’d have been booed, the same way they boo and blame everyone as they have some delusion they’ve been a notable and competitive team over the Premier League era, but they haven’t they’re just a middling PL side along with Villa. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

We should've got Howard Kendall in at NUFC in the 80s, did a really good job at Everton, (but was a boyhood Mag). 

We tried to get him after we sacked McFaul IIRC. He'd gone to Real Sociedad but it wasn't really working out for either party. We then went for David Hay from Celtic who we also missed out on.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The established starting XI this season includes 5 new players. Pope, Trippier, Botman, Burn and Bruno. 

Yes we've spent money, but those 5 collectively cost less than Jack Grealish ffs

I read an article the other day which basically said Howe isn't getting enough credit for getting fairly standard players playing world-class football. I suspect the likes of Almiron, Joelinton, Burn, Schar and Longstaff are included in that mix. Bruno, Trippier & Botman are all on a different level for me.

Anyway, I agree with the narrative.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig said:

We tried to get him after we sacked McFaul IIRC. He'd gone to Real Sociedad but it wasn't really working out for either party. We then went for David Hay from Celtic who we also missed out on.

I wonder how hard they tried? :lol: What wouldn't have helped their cause is he'd have had a very good idea of who he'd be working with and his limitations on what he could do.

• Like 1

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

I wonder how hard they tried? :lol: What wouldn't have helped their cause is he'd have had a very good idea of who he'd be working with and his limitations on what he could do.

Yeah I think the setup at NUFC back then would have been anything but desirable. I think I'm right in thinking it took us 2 months to get the new manager in - McFaul was sacked in October but Smith didn't start until December. Madness!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Yeah I think the setup at NUFC back then would have been anything but desirable. I think I'm right in thinking it took us 2 months to get the new manager in - McFaul was sacked in October but Smith didn't start until December. Madness!

It was farcical, was a bit of a joke going around that Smith had been drugged and woke up in a Newcastle hotel with a pen in his hand and a signed contract in front of him. It wasn't just Ashley who was useless. Colin Suggett took charge but he wasn't convincing, was probably sub-Carver tbh.