Eddie Howe

Tom

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

2nd best defense in the league

I didn't include you because you're irrelevant but I'll throw you a bone.

On 06/11/2021 at 14:55, LongTimeAdmirer said:

All out of a job, pick one and lets farken go cunts, fuck sake, fuck howe and his mates

André Villas-Boas 
Jürgen Klinsmann 
Rudi Garcia

Lucien Favre

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

My Bournemouth mates annihilate me for my periodic slaggings of EH during his tenure at AFCB. Happy to admit to being 100% wrong, whilst pointing out that there was nothing in his record to suggest he was the right fit at the time he was appointed to the job at NUFC 😀

This was my concern, his Bournemouth team took the piss up here when we went down under McLaren, (it's funny how he fades from the memory, good coach apparently, tragic manager), however, the team we had up to Howe's appointment didn't scream out anything other than 'down' and I just thought as good as his teams could play they could also be a bit of a soft touch and we were probably the softest touch around when he came into the job. I thought he was the right appointment at the wrong time but give him his due, he did his homework on the players and also got them to buy into his way of working on and off the ball, gave them some confidence and belief but his greatest achievement early on was to thoroughly get Steve Bruce out of their systems, the players were downbeat as it must've been crystal clear Bruce was a 100% defeatest ten years past his sell by date and just going through the motions dragging their footballing reputations with him.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This was my concern, his Bournemouth team took the piss up here when we went down under McLaren, (it's funny how he fades from the memory, good coach apparently, tragic manager), however, the team we had up to Howe's appointment didn't scream out anything other than 'down' and I just thought as good as his teams could play they could also be a bit of a soft touch and we were probably the softest touch around when he came into the job. I thought he was the right appointment at the wrong time but give him his due, he did his homework on the players and also got them to buy into his way of working on and off the ball, gave them some confidence and belief but his greatest achievement early on was to thoroughly get Steve Bruce out of their systems, the players were downbeat as it must've been crystal clear Bruce was a 100% defeatest ten years past his sell by date and just going through the motions dragging their footballing reputations with him.

Agree with every word. No one had survived from the position we were in.  I wasn’t too disappointed after we appointed him, mostly due to being fairly resigned to relegation anyway. I thought he’d be good in the championship with a decent budget but his previous struggles with Bournemouth didn’t fill me with hope of staying up. Happy to be proved wrong..

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m not sure the time it took him to find those quotes has provided him with quite the win he thinks it has ;) 

image.gif.fb733aecc7e283db55b1b1497ea65cf2.gif

‘How’s the Nuno Espírito Santo did you say?’

• Haha 10

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m not sure the time it took him to find those quotes has provided him with quite the win he thinks it has ;) 

Don’t know if you noticed Gemma spending a precious Saturday morning sorting an IT issue on here then gloating about it a few weeks back? Same energy :cuppa: 

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Don’t know if you noticed Gemma spending a precious Saturday morning sorting an IT issue on here then gloating about it a few weeks back? Same energy :cuppa: 

:lol:

It wasn't an IT issue, you giant tit. It was literally a "you've collapsed the entire forum with your big daft spacca fingers".

You were standing in front of the closed fridge asking your lass why you couldn't see its contents.

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

It wasn't an IT issue, you giant tit. It was literally a "you've collapsed the entire forum with your big daft spacca fingers".

You were standing in front of the closed fridge asking your lass why you couldn't see its contents.

image.gif.239173897bd22b6a7869f17899ee9edd.gif

• Haha 7

• 1 month later...

eddie's head not ready to roll....

Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe retains the full backing of the club’s Saudi chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan, whose only response to the team’s difficult start to the season has been to ask what additional help he can provide.

In a repeat of the comments he made during the lowest point of Howe’s time on Tyneside, in the aftermath of an FA Cup defeat by Cambridge United in January 2022, Al-Rumayyan has once again offered his full support to the manager and the board he entrusts to run the club on a day-to-day basis.

One of the great unknowns since the Saudi takeover is how the Public Investment Fund (PIF) would react during a tricky spell for the team, but there is a sense of calm behind the scenes at St James’ Park led by the majority stakeholders.

Rather than look to apportion blame, Al-Rumayyan has taken counsel from other board members and there is a determination to protect Howe from unwanted and unnecessary pressure in his second full season as Newcastle manager.

Newcastle have lost three out of their four games so far and went into the international break on the back of a sobering 3-1 defeat at Brighton.

They only suffered five league defeats last season and the slow start to the campaign means there are more difficult questions being asked of Howe and the players.

But, crucially, the people running the club are well aware of the fact there was always likely to be a drop off this season, with chief executive Darren Eales, director or football Dan Ashworth, as well as co-owner Amanda Staveley, all stressing at board meetings over the summer this season would be far more difficult than the last.

It has been pointed out to Al-Rumayyan that teams who unexpectedly qualify for the Champions League – as Newcastle did – on average, suffer a fall of eight positions in the league the following campaign.

That could see the Newcastle drop as low as 12th in the table and while that is not wanted or desirable, the point is that Howe will be given time and unflinching support by those above him – even if things get tough in terms of outside noise and pressure.

Telegraph Sport also understands that Newcastle’s recruitment was designed with the long term future of the club in mind rather than just this season’s results. In signing the 20-year-old Tino Livramento, 19-year-old Lewis Hall and the 23-year-old Sandro Tonali, the hierarchy deliberately focused on signing players who would improve under Howe over a prolonged period of time.

The view has always been there could be short term pain, for long term gain. Nobody has felt the need to contact Howe directly to reassure him since the defeat to Brighton, but it is hoped the 45-year-old understands he has the complete backing of the board who want him to remain as manager long term.

Newcastle go into a fascinating run of three games with the home match against Brentford on Saturday followed by their opening Champions League group game against AC Milan and a trip to newly promoted Sheffield United next week.

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

eddie's head not ready to roll....

Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe retains the full backing of the club’s Saudi chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan, whose only response to the team’s difficult start to the season has been to ask what additional help he can provide.

In a repeat of the comments he made during the lowest point of Howe’s time on Tyneside, in the aftermath of an FA Cup defeat by Cambridge United in January 2022, Al-Rumayyan has once again offered his full support to the manager and the board he entrusts to run the club on a day-to-day basis.

One of the great unknowns since the Saudi takeover is how the Public Investment Fund (PIF) would react during a tricky spell for the team, but there is a sense of calm behind the scenes at St James’ Park led by the majority stakeholders.

Rather than look to apportion blame, Al-Rumayyan has taken counsel from other board members and there is a determination to protect Howe from unwanted and unnecessary pressure in his second full season as Newcastle manager.

Newcastle have lost three out of their four games so far and went into the international break on the back of a sobering 3-1 defeat at Brighton.

They only suffered five league defeats last season and the slow start to the campaign means there are more difficult questions being asked of Howe and the players.

But, crucially, the people running the club are well aware of the fact there was always likely to be a drop off this season, with chief executive Darren Eales, director or football Dan Ashworth, as well as co-owner Amanda Staveley, all stressing at board meetings over the summer this season would be far more difficult than the last.

It has been pointed out to Al-Rumayyan that teams who unexpectedly qualify for the Champions League – as Newcastle did – on average, suffer a fall of eight positions in the league the following campaign.

That could see the Newcastle drop as low as 12th in the table and while that is not wanted or desirable, the point is that Howe will be given time and unflinching support by those above him – even if things get tough in terms of outside noise and pressure.

Telegraph Sport also understands that Newcastle’s recruitment was designed with the long term future of the club in mind rather than just this season’s results. In signing the 20-year-old Tino Livramento, 19-year-old Lewis Hall and the 23-year-old Sandro Tonali, the hierarchy deliberately focused on signing players who would improve under Howe over a prolonged period of time.

The view has always been there could be short term pain, for long term gain. Nobody has felt the need to contact Howe directly to reassure him since the defeat to Brighton, but it is hoped the 45-year-old understands he has the complete backing of the board who want him to remain as manager long term.

Newcastle go into a fascinating run of three games with the home match against Brentford on Saturday followed by their opening Champions League group game against AC Milan and a trip to newly promoted Sheffield United next week.

the dreaded vote of no confidence? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Keep it. One for your podcast

We've scarcely any listeners anyway, wouldn't want to lose more by courting such controversy.

• Haha 4

Another CN meltdown incoming. As he often has to explain, you need to read history from 3000BC and know how the first football was threaded in order to understand the context of what Edwards is trying to stay. Because a professional journalist is incapable of getting his point across otherwise.