Howe's Bruno Magic Hat's v Titanic Bitter Ralf Nee Transfer Crying Wankers

wykikitoon

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reminded me in a way of the effort Zola scored for Chelsea years ago (think it might have been against Norwich) for the sheer audacity of it. Pretty certain he celebrated by sticking his thumbs over his shoulders in the direction of his name too :lol:

I was just reading the Guardian's match report on this, or the comments at least, and the sheer number of removed comments from Southampton fans is actually quite stunning. We have no long lasting grudge with Southampton do we? :lol: I don't understand why everyone has gotten so worked up about this game, other than that they've all been drinking the same koolaid as their manager.

Would we give a shit about this if the tables were turned? Honestly I do think that there are a lot of clubs and fans in the league who aren't mentally prepared for us to be a good team again. It's going to be fun to watch :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I was just reading the Guardian's match report on this, or the comments at least, and the sheer number of removed comments from Southampton fans is actually quite stunning. We have no long lasting grudge with Southampton do we? :lol: I don't understand why everyone has gotten so worked up about this game, other than that they've all been drinking the same koolaid as their manager.

Would we give a shit about this if the tables were turned? Honestly I do think that there are a lot of clubs and fans in the league who aren't mentally prepared for us to be a good team again. It's going to be fun to watch :D 

We moaned a bit when Boro blatantly took the piss postponing a game which they went on to win on the rearranged game, (they were decimated with injuries on the original date).

27 minutes ago, Craig said:

It reminded me in a way of the effort Zola scored for Chelsea years ago (think it might have been against Norwich) for the sheer audacity of it. Pretty certain he celebrated by sticking his thumbs over his shoulders in the direction of his name too :lol:

Mancini scored a one for Lazio about the same time iirc 

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

We moaned a bit when Boro blatantly took the piss postponing a game which they went on to win on the rearranged game, (they were decimated with injuries on the original date).

It was for the weather (snow). Jeff ‘I fucking adore myself’ Winter was involved as part of the committee who made the decision. It was called off 24 hours, at least, before the game over ‘safety issues’. It’s only down the road and there was absolutely no snow left by the day of the match. Barely anything was said and zero sanctions 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Alex said:

It was for the weather (snow). Jeff ‘I fucking adore myself’ Winter was involved as part of the committee who made the decision. It was called off 24 hours, at least, before the game over ‘safety issues’. It’s only down the road and there was absolutely no snow left by the day of the match. Barely anything was said and zero sanctions 

Exactly - Tango skinned two headed vermin cunt stitched us up good and proper.

Compounded by Andy Durso refereeing the match appallingly and not giving a blatant foul in the run up to the winner. 

That cost us a very slim outside chance of winning the league. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, NJS said:

Exactly - Tango skinned two headed vermin cunt stitched us up good and proper.

Compounded by Andy Durso refereeing the match appallingly and not giving a blatant foul in the run up to the winner. 

That cost us a very slim outside chance of winning the league. 

The abuse thrown around the last 48h is to be applauded :lol:  

• Haha 4

From Southampton's forum, post-match:

I’ve seen some nasty teams over my time but they must be the shittiest, most despicable bunch of cheats I’ve ever had the misfortune to witness.

The main positive I took from tonight was that Newcastle's destined journey to the summit of European football is going to take about 200 years on that showing.

For the money spent, they are all over the show. 

Cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts.

Dirty fucking cheating cunts.

So y'know, they took it well :lol:  The second comment there is interesting though as there were a few variations of it, and it got me thinking that clearly a number of fans of other clubs really pay no attention to us at all. That's fine, I couldn't name most of Southampton's first team either tbh - but a lot of them genuinely do seem to think we went out and spent £90m to buy a completely new team that is meant to be playing like a side competing for CL places - and that we have therefore failed, because "we look pretty shite".

They're in for a rude awakening next season I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

From Southampton's forum, post-match:

I’ve seen some nasty teams over my time but they must be the shittiest, most despicable bunch of cheats I’ve ever had the misfortune to witness.

The main positive I took from tonight was that Newcastle's destined journey to the summit of European football is going to take about 200 years on that showing.

For the money spent, they are all over the show. 

Cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts.

Dirty fucking cheating cunts.

So y'know, they took it well :lol:  The second comment there is interesting though as there were a few variations of it, and it got me thinking that clearly a number of fans of other clubs really pay no attention to us at all. That's fine, I couldn't name most of Southampton's first team either tbh - but a lot of them genuinely do seem to think we went out and spent £90m to buy a completely new team that is meant to be playing like a side competing for CL places - and that we have therefore failed, because "we look pretty shite".

They're in for a rude awakening next season I think.

so they got beat by a shite team? 

• Haha 5

I call pretty much every team we play worse than shite before, during, and after the game. They're the same, just spouting off cos they got beat.

I'm sure the ref from last night isn't a convicted rapist, but when that SIX FUCKING MINUTES board went up, he may as well have been.

I wouldn't worry about it, we're just as bad for the most part if you go looking for it. 

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Reminds me of Villa a bit tbh, no one really give much of a fuck about them and we assumed likewise was the case but then they unfurled those banners and celebrated like they’d just won the league the day we went down. 

Honestly I’ve no interest in Southampton so no clue what their feelings were on us before they went mad recently. My image of them is that they, along with teams like Fulham, Brentford, etc are middle class cunts on a nice day out, not proper football fans. “Ohh I know we got beat by those nasty northerners Tarquin, but we had a lovely day out didn’t we? The tea mummy brought in the flask was lovely and what about your crustless sandwich during the game?”, perennial whinge bag and charity shop Rangnick confirmed as much when he talked about being linked to the Manchester United job, why would I leave here basically fuck all pressure, even if we lose everyone is just lovely like when we win, sounds absolutely class eh? Doesn’t fucking matter what’s happening just a lovely trip out for the Parker-Covington’s. Type of people who buy those scarves that are half of each team in the upcoming game. Maybe I’m being ignorant of the proper footballing city that is Southampton but to me they’re a non-entity, so they can do their rip. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll never forgive them for that terrace behind the goal at the dell which when it was fenced meant you couldn't see the fucking game. 

(See also Coventry and Oxford for the same thing at various times). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Renton said:

I can't get my head around the skill levels it takes to do something like that. We've had years, almost deacades, of hardly ever featuring on goal of the month*. I can't wait until we're regular fixtures again like we were under Keegan.

* Except as the recipients of course. 

Aye. In the Ashley era there really was only that one season where Cisse went completely mental and there were a few crackers from Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ryan Taylor. Can't really think of a fun season we had other than that one. Pardew put Cisse on the left wing next season or something didn't he :lol: 

Getting excited about matchdays these days almost feels surreal.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye. In the Ashley era there really was only that one season where Cisse went completely mental and there were a few crackers from Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Ryan Taylor. Can't really think of a fun season we had other than that one. Pardew put Cisse on the left wing next season or something didn't he :lol: 

Getting excited about matchdays these days almost feels surreal.  

:lol: He did aye, trying to shoehorn Ba and Cisse into the formation rather than try a different formation. He also played Obertan over Ben Arfa as much as he possibly could. 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I wouldn't worry about it, we're just as bad for the most part if you go looking for it. 

We'll complain about diving, cheating and the like but generally don't call other teams poor unless they actually are, seldom when we've been beat by them. We're more bitter in a schadenfreude sense and have long memories, but not for small time clowns who are irrelevant to us.

Guest Archer

From a Southampton perspective- most Saints fans accept that Newcastle worked hard, were more clinical and defended well- regardless of the ‘new signings’ drama that from a psychological perspective affected us more than it should have done.

We have no major issue with Newcastle and quite honestly regard you as a big club that’s been poorly managed and consequently under achieved for some time.

If you get success on the back of some foreign investment then good luck to you. Most true football fans would no be grudge you that.

I did however find the comments by Howay a little off the mark.  Middle class c££ts is harsh- yes we have our fair share of Johnny come lately’s but Southampton has a proud footballing history, and I would argue has enjoyed more success than Newcastle in the last 30 or so years. To be honest St James is not what it once was and you have your fair share of tourists- and will no doubt be getting more as you start to win things once again.

Our City has a rich maritime history and I recall my first game in the 1970s at the old Dell was filled with hard Dockers - kids passed down to the front of the terracing as the whole ground sang our anthem ‘oh when the saints’

To simply  dismiss football clubs like saints, Norwich or Brentford makes you no better than the tiresome top 5 English clubs that you long to be part of- and for most of the other English clubs we all wish  would  bugger off to some European super league

The spitfire was built here in Southampton, we are the gateway to the world as the worlds biggest cruise ships sail from our historic docks. Southampton have produced some of the greatest footballers this country have ever seen- Le Tissier (loved playing against you) and yes Alan Shearer who wore the famous red and white stripes.

Good luck and well played last night and fair play to the fans who travelled down in good numbers- as for Saints - ‘We March on’