Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Just now, Polarboy said:

Yeah but aren't a lot of Casey's followers following him for the craic? Not that I hold much confidence in the account I posted as I've already said. 

i confess i follow casey so i can post his nonsense on here for us all to laugh at 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This Marcel Sabitzer who plays for Bayern that Man U are reportedly after sounds like he'd be ideal for us. He can reportedly play defensive mid, CM, AM, SS and on the wing. Pity Manure seem to be front of the line for him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

This Marcel Sabitzer who plays for Bayern that Man U are reportedly after sounds like he'd be ideal for us. He can reportedly play defensive mid, CM, AM, SS and on the wing. Pity Manure seem to be front of the line for him. 

German and SS doesn’t sound right

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i confess i follow casey so i can post his nonsense on here for us all to laugh at 

That’s a far better reason than the ones hanging on his every tweet tbf

Shelvey is reportedly travelling back up from Nottingham to watch the semi final and say his goodbye's. It's perhaps the least he can do after being at the club so long, but it's never wise to expect common courtesy these days. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I think we're taking a real risk in terms of going for Champions League qualification if we don't have a midfielder come in.  We all knew we were short at the begining of the window and although Shelvey has played very little this season. selling him certainly doesn't help matters.  And I don't buy the theory that bringing Gordon in allows us to move Joelinton back more centrally.  We've had Maxi pretty much fit since before the world cup so we already had that option (Isak further increased the options too).

I'm certainly not going to whine on like an Arsenal fan as we're in a fantastic position (hopefully even better after tonight) but I think this would be the first failure of the new regime if we don't bring anyone else in.  It might be that we carry luck with injuries and form and Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock can carry us through the rest of the season.  But even if that happens I think we will have been shown a little wanting this month in our recruitment.

Gordon is a very different prospect than ASM on the flanks. Gordon is a left sided Almiron and that would allow us to play Joelinton back in midfield as Gordon would be doing a lot of pressing on that flank. A level of pressing that ASM can't match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

alright, craig 

The staggering irony that you DARE to suggest anyone is negative after your pissy pants performance last season. :lol::lol::lol:

It's all very FM at the minute, knowing that you have an unspent budget on the last day in January and just go out and buy a couple of players in case they're any good or if you actually need them. 

Itll be difficult to find Bruno mk2 but hopefully there'll be a few young hopefuls out there we can pick up to act as understudy. 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

The staggering irony that you DARE to suggest anyone is negative after your pissy pants performance last season. :lol::lol::lol:

i'm not the one who strongly suspected our business was done two days before we signed someone, dick splash 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm not the one who strongly suspected our business was done two days before we signed someone, dick splash 

Nor was I the only one, smeg head

41 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I think Maxi has only just got back to full fitness/sharpness tbh. And, once we get past the final (touch wood), it’s only 15 games across 3 months or so. I still maintain there’s enough rotation options in the attack/midfield to get through that. I’d say the biggest concern is an injury to Schar or Trippier

Well we seem to think we have addressed the concern of an injury to Tripps with Ashby no?

For me the middfield has started to look a little jaded in recent weeks and we now have no other options to bring in anyone who's not already playing.  That's got to be a bit of a concern.  If Bruno is out for any length of time we are massively fucked.  But then again, to bring in the level of player who can cover for Bruno was never goung to be likely this window.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season