Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Bowen is a brilliant player, I wanted us to sign him back when he was at Hull but that would've cost 6m or something so of course the FCB couldn't stump up the pocket change from his settee. 

DCL sums up Everton perfectly for me. He should stay there forever, only coming back off the treatment table to score 4-5 vital goals a year before getting injured again whilst they finish 16th. Certainly he should not command a transfer fee at any future club he plays for, anyone paying for this sicknote needs their head looked at. 

• Like 6

forget about Bowen man - he's going to cost north of £80m after a 20 goal season. not happening - much better value to be found elsewhere. aparenty that olise has a release clause closer to £40m than the £60m originally quoted. I'd be all over that one 

• Like 6

Luke Edwards could be getting his info directly from the club and that still doesn’t mean it’s true. There’s form for that. I’d be amazed if they were in for either. Especially DCL. That’s not me turning my nose up at Bowen but his value is massively inflated after last season 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

aparenty that olise has a release clause closer to £40m than the £60m originally quoted. I'd be all over that one 

Excellent players but has missed half the season with hamstring injuries. Not a luxury we can afford.

DCL would be absolutely insane, Wilson's injury record with less goals. Some upgrade.

Don't think there's much in this story, its CN after all, but I'm with Gloom on Bowen. He's going to cost more than he's worth. Olise might be a better shot for that kind of money and he's much younger so you have sell on value.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

DCL would be absolutely insane, Wilson's injury record with less goals. Some upgrade.

Don't think there's much in this story, its CN after all, but I'm with Gloom on Bowen. He's going to cost more than he's worth. Olise might be a better shot for that kind of money and he's much younger so you have sell on value.  

olise’s injury record is pretty bad, isn’t it?

40 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

olise’s injury record is pretty bad, isn’t it?

2 x hammy injuries. Otherwise not much. Isak has a much worse injury history and he's doing ok! 

IMG_1318.thumb.png.58b6a0bc75ff0bb78e23a19a27d31a73.png

IMG_1319.thumb.png.54b0aa93476f7eaec3ea1a7c34b07cf0.png

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Luke Edwards could be getting his info directly from the club and that still doesn’t mean it’s true. There’s form for that. I’d be amazed if they were in for either. Especially DCL. That’s not me turning my nose up at Bowen but his value is massively inflated after last season 

I'm pretty sure he said on a recent TF live episode that he was told about Bowen by Danny Dyer......

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Screenshot_20240524_095037_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0bfaf4e20a319d676ee026cbee097420.jpg

• Haha 6

Is everyone looking forward to the wait between the press confirming we've signed a player, and the club confirming it. All because it takes some kid at the club 3 days to make a 40 second video about it. 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is everyone looking forward to the wait between the press confirming we've signed a player, and the club confirming it. All because it takes some kid at the club 3 days to make a 40 second video about it. 

I love how frustrated the fan base will get with this. Every tweet/post inbetween will be greeted with “Announce Tosin FFS”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tinofbeans said:

DCL 😂 no way. Ivan toneys got more chance of coming back.

Perez has got more chance of coming back 

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It'll be a 3 weeks this time around, with the lads and manager presently globe trotting. There has to be a snippet of the manager fist bumping them along with two lads on a physio table getting paid a visit by the new player.

image.png.4d957621d120ca5d088a18f6ccb77793.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Perez has got more chance of coming back 

10 Sunderland Turncoats Who Played For Newcastle – Page 5

38 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

It'll be a 3 weeks this time around, with the lads and manager presently globe trotting. There has to be a snippet of the manager fist bumping them along with two lads on a physio table getting paid a visit by the new player.

image.png.4d957621d120ca5d088a18f6ccb77793.png

I remember when it was just a photograph with the manager like this

image.jpeg.bedd594b2a4584e6b9a08e6f0f241e7d.jpeg

fwiw I'm very much enjoying Marcelino's confusion.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I remember when it was just a photograph with the manager like this

image.jpeg.bedd594b2a4584e6b9a08e6f0f241e7d.jpeg

fwiw I'm very much enjoying Marcelino's confusion.

The lad next to Dyer looks like that taxi driver on BBC breakfast getting mistaken for an economics professor - looks like he's came to the stadium with his toon top on and got mistaken for a footballer by Gullit

• Haha 2