Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Depending on other suitors I would be tempted by Tolisso, just left Bayern on a free after having a really rough time with injuries for them.

Its a rite of passage for new money clubs to sign someone who is permanently injured who could be class if he ever played, I think this could be ours.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Depending on other suitors I would be tempted by Tolisso, just left Bayern on a free after having a really rough time with injuries for them.

Its a rite of passage for new money clubs to sign someone who is permanently injured who could be class if he ever played, I think this could be ours.

As far as free's go, nobody keen to get Milner back for a year? Not to play like, just to train with the wasters and divas that might appear and make sure they pull their weight.

29 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

As far as free's go, nobody keen to get Milner back for a year? Not to play like, just to train with the wasters and divas that might appear and make sure they pull their weight.

When we get unfortunate looking blokes it tends not to work out training wise.

Had a stark reminder of how, with perhaps a couple of exceptions, most of the footballing opinions on here are relatively sane in comparison to mainstream social media. 

Someone suggested in an NUFC Facebook group that we should consider an approach for Lewandowski as a marquee signing and stated in terms of stature, it'd be similar to when we signed Shearer. Cue multiple people reacting negatively to the suggestion stating Lewandowski has only flourished because he plays in a shitter league and he's nowhere near Shearer's level as he hasn't got a Ballon D'Or. 

Suggesting Lewandowski isn't good enough for NUFC?! Fuck me gently!! :lol:

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Noise about Calvert Lewin 🙄

They sold Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United for around £85m, and that could well be the starting point for any negotiations. Newcastle are aware of his injury record and any bid would reflect that, which suggests there may be a stand off in the coming weeks.

If that is true and our response isn't to immediately walk away laughing our bollocks off we deserve to get fleeced all summer :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Nathan Ake has been told he can leave Man City. Being linked with us by some quarters due to having played under Howe before.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I'm not sure about that one, I think he thinks hes a midfielder but has almost always played at left back for City.

He's obviously got some quality, you don't get picked by Pep so much if you don't but he's also always the first person they're trying to replace. 

Is he a defender? Can he managed being a defender in a team that don't dominate games all the time? If not is he still actually a midfielder when hes played at left back so much?

Weird one.

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Nathan Ake has been told he can leave Man City. Being linked with us by some quarters due to having played under Howe before.

Didn't realise he's only been at City two seasons, we need more depth at CB and he can cover left back as well which is useful.

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

if it was between us and Everton I could see Zinchenko going to Everton on the grounds that it’s still local as well as him linking up with Mykolenko

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season