Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

:lol: Backtracking. If it’s related to FFP there’s no such thing as “1st team budget”, and there’s no way the Saudis would only allow a budget of £75m :lol:

The Italian footy mags are saying that 70m is the price for even sitting down to negotiate for Barella. In fairness 50m was never going to work for a player who's rated so highly in the current market. We could perhaps put in some performance related bonus's, percentage of sell on fee etc. Of course it should also be remembered that Inter are skint, and may accept a lower offer than they normally would. On the more pessimistic side it's very likely that some of the other top clubs are waiting for a fee that Inter find acceptable to be established before they try and swoop in themselves. 

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

THEN WHY DID THEY GET OUR FUCKING HOPES UP?!??!?!?!?!?

keeping their options open until a better offer came along. standard top shaggers

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Backtracking. If it’s related to FFP there’s no such thing as “1st team budget”, and there’s no way the Saudis would only allow a budget of £75m :lol:

looks like it, though perhaps he means 75m in terms of up front payments due to FFP. you could still pay £200m+ on player transfers this summer but structure the deals so you only pay around £75m of it now with the rest to follow across the lengths of the various contracts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

looks like it, though perhaps he means 75m in terms of up front payments due to FFP. you could still pay £200m+ on player transfers this summer but structure the deals so you only pay around £75m of it now with the rest to follow across the lengths of the various contracts. 

That has nothing to do with FFP though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Howay said:

Its incredible how these journos haven’t figured out that they’re just useful idiots yet.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

“Our historians have uncovered the FACT that Real Madrid’s original shirts were bought from SAFC by a travelling merchant called Tio Miguel, (who had a brief affair with a retarded Staffie, their kids and descendants still live in the area). 

Whilst originally red and white stripes, the intense sunlight in that part Spain washed out the colours and left them with plain white shirts. “

But what will their Athletico friends say? 😕

Maybe it's a case of you scratch my back I'll scratch yours. They publish a nonsense transfer war chest amount, and then the club let them know when we're about to actually buy a player etc. The journos of course will always fall back on saying, "well that's what were briefed it was, it's not our fault if we were lied to by the people at the club". 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’ve long thought these figures were FFP ones and not traditional “war chests”. As ewerk says the payment structure doesn’t matter for FFP, it’s simply the fee paid + contract amortized over the length of the player contract the timing of when cash is paid doesn’t factor in. I agree that it’s most likely FFP yearly amortization number though so £75m would get you a number of £40m players. The issue I have is none of these journalists frame it up that way, they act like it’s £75m in fees this window which is absurdly low. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That has nothing to do with FFP though.

oh yeah. i think you schooled me on this last transfer window too. more evidence that i have killed too many brain cells over the years 

fuck knows why hope published the £75m then. even if a trusted club source did brief him on it, it's clearly ridiculous. it's one thing doing the club's PR work so negotiating clubs don't think can have our trousers down but that figure is completely implausible. saying we have just £120m to spend would have been a better hand in this game of poker 

• Like 1

Phillips. :lol:

Got his boyhood club relegated to sit on the bench at Man City and now he's  headed to West Ham as a makeweight.

Mind if I was Declan Rice I'd be looking for some first team assurances from Pep.

Atlético de Madrid is for sale and sooner rather than later the (illegitimate) owners will sell the club.

I don't know if it will be very close that day, but the club is on sale.

Morata's release clause is €10M

Carrasco's release clause is €18M

Griezmann's release clause is €25M

• Like 4

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season