Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

People seem to be under the impression that it’s going to be a quick and simple job off loading all Bruce era players, presumably to be replaced by Carlos Kickaball or Umoogie GratexG types who had good numbers on FIFA 2022 or some shit. Am not sure what is going to get the messsage to these that it’s not a Man City or Chelsea type project. Yes, we can see that you can identify a player who on the face of it doesn’t have much of a future at NUFC, well done you. This is the 3rd window of the new regime.  Let’s have some patience and see what it looks like after five :cuppa:

Umoogie GratexG :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

People seem to be under the impression that it’s going to be a quick and simple job off loading all Bruce era players, presumably to be replaced by Carlos Kickaball or Umoogie GratexG types who had good numbers on FIFA 2022 or some shit. Am not sure what is going to get the messsage to these that it’s not a Man City or Chelsea type project. Yes, we can see that you can identify a player who on the face of it doesn’t have much of a future at NUFC, well done you. This is the 3rd window of the new regime.  Let’s have some patience and see what it looks like after five :cuppa:

Exactly so, and they've been clear about this from the outset. Whether because of FFP, or because they just don't want to spend a fuckton of money all at once, this isn't a project where the club just gets supercharged overnight.

I still maintain that everything we've done so far, we could have been doing under any ambitious owner at all.

And that is absolutely fine, we will end up with a better, stronger club as a consequence. One that has earned its place at the top, rather than just having bought everyone in the room straight out of the gate.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

he'll be a star there. all he needs to do is keep playing at his current level, learn the language and perform his media duties and they'll love him 

They booed C. Ronaldo mind. Probably the worst and most toxic fan base in football. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I don't think he was at the club long enough as a kid to qualify. Dummett and Longstaff are the only two players I can see who qualify as club home grown. Anderson too but he'll be on the u-21 list.

He was in the youth set up for 8 years 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

They booed C. Ronaldo mind. Probably the worst and most toxic fan base in football. 

And booing the rapist is bad ? Why exactly ? 

I mean you’re not wrong but the boing of that cvnt is a plus point IMO

Edited by Toonpack

2 hours ago, Howay said:

they have my respect for booing that preening gimp

point taken though

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Well it's gone 6pm now and it doesn't look any different. How much longer am I expected to wait? :cuppa:

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

they have my respect for booing that preening gimp

point taken though

:lol: Aye I mean I don’t mind them doing it, I just love a dig at Real Madrid and their fans tbh. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, strawb said:

Does Gillespie count as home grown for European squad spots? 

No. To count as a homegrown player, you must have spent at least 3 years at the club between the ages of 15 and 21. Gillespie left Newcastle with 16.

We'll have Anderson, Longstaff and Dummett on the list, I guess. And that will allow us to sign up 24 players.

• Like 1

from the CN's story: 

Telegraph Sport understands that Newcastle have earmarked the majority of their transfer budget to sign two midfield players, with Leicester City’s James Maddison the other main target.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season