Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Didn't he  get a knee injury in the last game?

I've just been reading about that.  One Spitfire wanker said he saw him leaving the ground at the weekend on crutches. 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just been sent this 🤷🏻‍♂️

edit : apparently from sky sports 

9c335856-0138-455a-8b5d-8b21b67d36df.jpeg

some tried to say we werent looking for a RB:whistling:

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Ewanker tried to say we werent looking for a RB:whistling:

No I didn’t. You said we need cover, I explained that we had plenty.

• Jaysus... 1

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No I didn’t. You said we need cover, I explained that we had plenty.

In fairness there's cover, and then there's Livramento who will eventually make that right back spot his own, and who's already levels above the cover we have for Trippier at 20 years old. And I wouldn't be surprised if Manquillo heads to Celta Vigo to play for Benitez, iirc correctly there's been some rumours that he might head back to Spain. Obviously it's also looking like Ashby is away to Swansea to get some consistent first team playing time, so we're then just left with Krafth who's looked good under Howe, but who hasn't had a preseason so could take a decent amount of time to get back up to speed, especially after such a serious injury. Murphy could also play there in a pinch, but it's a bit makeshift. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That's mental money for a kid off the back of a major injury. He better be the next Gareth Bale! 

Considering the England tax, the Newcastle tax, and factoring in his potential and the level he's already at, at 20, that's about as good a price as we could expect. Surgery for ACL's has come a long way and if you get a good surgeon your ACL can actually end up stronger initially, and then eventually might become only slightly weaker than before it was injured. In any case there's no way the club will spend 40m on a player if they aren't happy with the medical results. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Luke Edward's £70mil transfer budget is stretching pretty far mind.

No real wish to defend that blatant poltroon Edwards but If they’ve put 10 mill each down on Tonali, Barnes and Livramento then maybe that’s the deal given the FFP/amortisation thing? 🤔

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season