Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Darlow is bottom half of the PL level, which is pretty decent. He'll be one of the better keepers in the Championship. 400,000, if that's what the fee was, is pretty cheap given how crazy the market is. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, strawb said:

Agree to disagree with both of you. He’s very poor, but what do I know about goalkeeping.

I always thought darlow was ok, what makes him so bad?

• Like 1

Positioning mainly, he makes what should be routine saves look like good saves because his position is wrong.

It also means when he can’t make those “good” saves, he concedes goals he shouldn’t.

Not sure I can ever remember him coming for a cross either, but it has been a while since I’ve seen him play tbh.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's not a bad keeper, but Darlow is noticeably worse than Dubravka. And Dubravka is noticeably worse than Pope.

I think this is a good summary. I didn't understand why we went for Dubravka when we did as Darlow was doing a good job. The outcome was a clear improvement. Then the same happened with Pope, a massive improvement. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I think this is a good summary. I didn't understand why we went for Dubravka when we did as Darlow was doing a good job. The outcome was a clear improvement. Then the same happened with Pope, a massive improvement. 

Dubravka post injury return is << Pre-injury Dubravka. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

When the club is posting this as his highlight then maybe he wasn’t all that good.

:lol: Apart from the whole incident being created from his error he just stands there for about two seconds too. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fee for ASM confirmed at £23mil apparently. That's suspiciously low. Unless they've agreed to pay it all up front or something 

I don't get how it can be that low. He is relatively young, the teams out there seem to be throwing money about and, regardless of anything we may think about his improvements under Howe, he is able to offer us more than a player costing us £23mil would offer us. 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season