Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

55 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's one less contender for the CL spots this season then.

I wonder if Maddison is regretting his decision. I am not thinking about whether we were in for him, just not much point moving to Tottenham without Kane. No real hope of winning anything or achieving anything. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I wonder if Maddison is regretting his decision. I am not thinking about whether we were in for him, just not much point moving to Tottenham without Kane. No real hope of winning anything or achieving anything. 

If Kane does stay even then you’d have to think he’s already got a move lined up at the end of the season. Otherwise you’d think he’d have signed a new contract by now and Spurs wouldn’t be agreeing a potential fee (assuming it’s true) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

They're replacing Rice and and quite possibly Paqueta with Ward Prowse and possibly Alvarez, in addition to paying over 30M for Maguire of all people :lol: Pretty pathetic transfer window if you're a hammer, although you could say there's not much they could do about it. 

Alvarez might be a decent signing, though like Diaby it looks like bigger clubs took a look at him and decided against it.

The thing for me is that, yes Rice and Paqueta are genuine quality, they're not necessary for West Ham's probable targets this season, which will be staying up and doing ok in the cups. They're midtable stodge and Maguire, McTominay, Alvarez are plenty good enough to get them safely ensconced in that stodge.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The thing for me is that, yes Rice and Paqueta are genuine quality, they're not necessary for West Ham's probable targets this season, which will be staying up and doing ok in the cups. They're midtable stodge and Maguire, McTominay, Alvarez are plenty good enough to get them safely ensconced in that stodge.

They're stodge ensconcers.

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I can't imagine Bayern would have put all this effort in if they knew Kane wasn't interested.

I'd probably sit out my contract though and go to Madrid.

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season