Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

ManUtd apparently chucking out 72M pounds on Hojlund. The guy scored something like 9 goals last season. I get its about potential etc etc but how much have they spent again this season? Has the whinging about the glazers died out again?

I'm still harboring hope Ten Hag will be a failure. Based on his transfer activity more than anything else, the amounts he's got them to pay for the likes of Antony. Mount is far from a guaranteed success and the same can be said for Onana. 

Then again they just signed a $1B sponsorship deal so they could probably keep on doing this till something works out finally. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

ManUtd apparently chucking out 72M pounds on Hojlund. The guy scored something like 9 goals last season. I get its about potential etc etc but how much have they spent again this season? Has the whinging about the glazers died out again?

I'm still harboring hope Ten Hag will be a failure. Based on his transfer activity more than anything else, the amounts he's got them to pay for the likes of Antony. Mount is far from a guaranteed success and the same can be said for Onana. 

Then again they just signed a $1B sponsorship deal so they could probably keep on doing this till something works out finally. 

Hope that went through rigorous 'Fair Market Value' assessment.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think rb is least of our troubles, although I suspect we are holding off loaning out Ashby until we get someone in (eg Livramento)  We could do with a top class RCB but I suspect Eddie has faith in Lascelles to fill in.

Im sure they are doing everything they can to get players in so I have no complaints.

Everything seems a bit quiet at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Are we going into the new season without a new cb and rb?

Aye, we're desperately short of cover for Trippier, Kraft, Manquillo and Ashby.

• Haha 5
  • Jaysus... 1

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, we're desperately short of cover for Trippier, Kraft, Manquillo and Ashby.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Players that got zero gametime last season, eddie clearly didnt think much of em so we could use someone new to cover and eventually take over from trips (turning 33 in a month)

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

If he does hopefully these people who are saying that he can play both sides aren't talking out of their arses, as he'd be very handy in that case, although obviously he'd be the perfect understudy to Trippier regardless. I still haven't figured out how they are forming that opinion. 

Edit. Just did a quick google search and there's a breaking the lines scouting report for Livramento from when he was an academy player for Chelsea. The report states that he predominantly played RB at that time as well, but that he was also comfortable on the left. Whether we should put much faith in a scouting report from when he was playing PL 2 etc and not competing in the Premier League proper is debatable.  

2 hours ago, Polarboy said:

If he does hopefully these people who are saying that he can play both sides aren't talking out of their arses, as he'd be very handy in that case, although obviously he'd be the perfect understudy to Trippier regardless. I still haven't figured out how they are forming that opinion. 

Edit. Just did a quick google search and there's a breaking the lines scouting report for Livramento from when he was an academy player for Chelsea. The report states that he predominantly played RB at that time as well, but that he was also comfortable on the left. Whether we should put much faith in a scouting report from when he was playing PL 2 etc and not competing in the Premier League proper is debatable.  

Trippier plays LB for England, so that may also be an option.

I'm not convinced that Ashby going on loan is proof that Livramento is happening. It's just as likely that Krafth is almost fit again and he becomes back up to Trippier 

• Like 3

I think it’s a mistake if we don’t sign a top class left back for a champions league campaign. Don’t know if we’d go for a loan  deal? I’d much rather loan another forward in if that’s what we’re looking at than a starting left back tbh. Think we’ll get found out down that side all season if we don’t :cuppa:

• Like 5

Ireland finally seem to have a decent generation of players coming through, with Evan Ferguson obviously the pick of the bunch so far. You'd nearly need to go back to the fucking McGrath, Houghton, Bonner, Quinn et all era  in the 90's for the last decent squad. The two Keane's pretty much dragged the team through the noughties. And obviously seeing Murphy, Heffernan and Zefi at the club is even better. Is there are a fourth Irish academy player? Ashworth has signed so many young players it's difficult to keep track. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season