Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

We've been stocking up on the Irish talent tbs tbs fiddle dee dee 🥔 🥔 

RIYP

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

what do we reckon lads? cheeky deadline bid for a RW or RCB on loan? or is that our lot? 

Barring any serious injuries before the window closes, I'd say that's a wrap on the summer spending.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Tonali

Barnes

Livramento

Hall

Byrne

Heffernan

Minteh

Edouard Philippe Cash GIF by Gautier sans H

you’re probably right.

but we went and bought Isak out of nowhere last summer.

I know we were forced to because of Wilson’s injury but I bet the feeling with these owners that you can never say never if the right player suddenly becomes available at the right price. 

I suspect a cheeky CB deal similar to Hall's could be possible if it looks like there could be some movement on one of the lads we're monitoring. Otherwise they'll probably wait for January and get one or two players in then.  

We pretty much have the maximum 25 players for our squad excluding the likes of Fraser, Hayden and Hendrick and even if we shift anyone else out I can't see it bringing in enough to allow us to recruit anything other than a loan to meet FFP.

• Like 2

Probably the best transfer window we've ever had!

£100mil on full internationals at CM and LW, £60mil on 2 of the best young full backs in the country, and a young winger who is straight into the Dutch league for some experience. 

Add in Anderson and Lewis Miley coming through the ranks, Willock coming back, and the U21 player of the tournament with a full pre-season behind him and we suddenly have a half decent squad!

If we are playing fantasy football then next year we would look to replace Lascelles, Almiron and add another CF, but beyond that I'm not sure where you improve the squad

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

£100mil on full internationals at CM and LW, £60mil on 2 of the best young full backs in the country, and a young winger who is straight into the Dutch league for some experience. 

Add in Anderson and Lewis Miley coming through the ranks, Willock coming back, and the U21 player of the tournament with a full pre-season behind him and we suddenly have a half decent squad.

It's great to have quality attacking players on the bench. Don't think we've ever had this much depth even though we don't go deep on strikers. Central defenders with the two new fullbacks I think we're OK as we have Burn, Lascelles, Dummett and Krafth on the verge of returning. The quality drops off obviously.

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Add in Anderson and Lewis Miley coming through the ranks, Willock coming back, and the U21 player of the tournament with a full pre-season behind him and we suddenly have a half decent squad!

If we are playing fantasy football then next year we would look to replace Lascelles, Almiron and add another CF, but beyond that I'm not sure where you improve the squad

Just depth really, isn't it? Having young lads with potential, or even full internationals on the bench instead of Murphy and Ritchie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Just depth really, isn't it? Having young lads with potential, or even full internationals on the bench instead of Murphy and Ritchie. 

Find some better bait and sink this hook!   

20230817-195556-thumb-jpg-fa618b8fc25878

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season