Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

That's when they're worth £45m+ 

I just assumed it was the equivalent of an automatic reply. I thought that maybe they had purchased a template to help them put in transfer offers and sent the same email out regardless of the player or their club. 

• Haha 1

I hope we do spend the £25m on Tielemens. I’d love to see the chicken peddler explain how we came to spend £100m more than he proclaimed we would in this window. 

Fofana has cost about the same that we paid for Trippier, Botman, Burn & Targett combined. 

Utter madness.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Chelsea are trying to buy their way out of a shaky back line left since Rudiger fucked off but do the media question them spending so much? Absolutely not. 

Listening to TalkSport on the way home they are. Andy Goldstein and Darren Bent saying Tuchal is off his nut saying he needs to spend more when he's already spent £300m 

Hopefully Ajax tell Chelsea to jog on. As someone was saying Luiz off Villa looks like he's definitely going to get sold judging by Gerrard's recent comments. I still think we'll pull a rabbit of two out of the hat before the window shuts tomorrow night. Whether that's a loan or two, or one permanent. 

14 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I just assumed it was the equivalent of an automatic reply. I thought that maybe they had purchased a template to help them put in transfer offers and sent the same email out regardless of the player or their club. 

Dear [insert club name],

We have been tracking the progress of [insert player name] for some time now and would like to put forward an offer for 25m to begin negotiations for personal terms. In addition to the aformented sum supplementary bonuses of 5m would be on offer on a pro-rata basis for the next five seasons where champions league football is secured and where Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser each play in more than 25 games.

Should you wish to accept this offer flash your lights three times, our representatives are waiting outside.

Kind regards,

Saud... PI.. Newcastle United

PS - Our offer for [insert other player name] is still on the table.

Edited by OTF
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I hope we do spend the £25m on Tielemens. I’d love to see the chicken peddler explain how we came to spend £100m more than he proclaimed we would in this window. 

So Close Nbc 90Th Special GIF by NBC

• Haha 2

Am I gonna put myself through SSN's bullshit on a loop deadline day coverage? Probably. 

I wouldn't be all that surprised the way we're run now for Ashworth to currently be putting a nice neat bow on one or two deals that no fucker knows about until they're borderline sealed later today. 

Centre mid looks like the priority. The way Isak looked last night, it looks like he can stand in for Wilson or play out wide when Wilson is fit. Would love a winger to add to the mix but we can't do everything in one window. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Am I gonna put myself through SSN's bullshit on a loop deadline day coverage? Probably. 

I wouldn't be all that surprised the way we're run now for Ashworth to currently be putting a nice neat bow on one or two deals that no fucker knows about until they're borderline sealed later today. 

Centre mid looks like the priority. The way Isak looked last night, it looks like he can stand in for Wilson or play out wide when Wilson is fit. Would love a winger to add to the mix but we can't do everything in one window. 

I Want More GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OTF said:

Dear [insert club name],

We have been tracking the progress of [insert player name] for some time now and would like to put forward an offer for 25m to begin negotiations for personal terms. In addition to the aformented sum supplementary bonuses of 5m would be on offer on a pro-rata basis for the next five seasons where champions league football is secured and where Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser each play in more than 25 games.

Should you wish to accept this offer flash your lights three times, our representatives are waiting outside.

Kind regards,

Saud... PI.. Newcastle United

PS - Our offer for [insert other player name] is still on the table.

I wonder how many more of these emails we are going to send off before we realise that we have to actually insert a player's name? It must be awkward when we have to email them back to tell them which player we are after. We should have kept Ashley on as he finally seemed to get the football malarkey. He could have told them how this little blunder meant that he bought the wrong De Jong back in 2014

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season