Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Yeah so:

Cost 100 Mill on 8 year deal he only costs 12.5 Mill towards FFP (plus his wages for the year)

Sell him in 5 years that FFP number could come down if the fee they get is more than whats left to be accounted for.

Yeah I get it, >5/6 year deals will become normal for high fee transfers is what I’m saying 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’s all good if the player is a success but if he’s a flop then you’re left with eight years of huge wages to pay to a poor player.

Ala Lewis. He may not be on huge wages but surely he's on c30k? 

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Luke Edwards who pretty much said we're not getting anyone.

Poyet to Sunderland was the last thing Luke got right and I'm not even sure if it was the same Luke?

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Winston said:

Chris Wood to Forest seems like its going to happen. Although im not his biggest fan he did a job when needed protecting leads towards the end of games. Surely we have someone else lined up as a replacement?? 

edwards hinted in his piece that howe won't let him go unless we have a replacement and it might be the sort of forward who can play up front and out wide. says howe also fancied loftus-cheek because he can cover full back as well as midfield

• Like 1

Wood is fucking shite but we still need someone as cover for the sicknote twins. Would personally love to see a solid centre forward brick shithouse signed who can actually score. Cheeky bid on Haaland? 

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I have no idea where this crack about RLC being able to play full-back has come from like. Did he play at wing-back a couple of times before he got, inevitably, injured again?

He's  played right wing back for Chelsea a decent amount of times. 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Wood is fucking shite but we still need someone as cover for the sicknote twins. Would personally love to see a solid centre forward brick shithouse signed who can actually score. Cheeky bid on Haaland? 

As long as said brick shithouse is of the Sir Les quality rather than Billy Whithurst 🤣

• Like 1

The Gazette are saying we're considering DCL as a Wood replacement. It's quite likely just them recycling transfer rumours of course. Everton would need to be mad to sell DCL at this point in their season. That is unless they can't see any other way of generating funds to strengthen their squad for the relegation run-in. I don't see how he'd fit into our current squad. He surely wouldn't be content taking Wood's place in the squad in terms of being third choice. And then of course his injury record over the last 12 months has been atrocious. He has potential of course, but any fee would need to reflect his aforementioned injury record. 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season