Jump to content

Transfers, 2023-24 season


trophyshy
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OTF said:

 

Meanwhile Miggy came on over the weekend, scored a belter of a goal and set up what should have been a beauty as well.

 

And also Matt Ritchie came on - I take your point.


How rare has that been this season though? Top teams do that sort of shit regularly 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

 

 

 

 

 

well done love GIF by HIF Australia

 

 

 

 

 

They've got to have some of the commerical/sponsor situation sorted out to be planning that. Can't wait to see the back of Fun88 and Castore. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

 

 

well done love GIF by HIF Australia

 

 

 

 

 

They've got to have some of the commerical/sponsor situation sorted out to be planning that. Can't wait to see the back of Fun88 and Castore. 

 

Think we are stuck with Castore for a bit longer, but 500m from Riyadh Air should sort us :smile:

Edited by RobinRobin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Think we are stuck with Castore for a bit longer, but 500m from Riyadh Air should sort us :smile:


I sense a massive bidding war between Saudia and Riyadh Air. I reckon £1bn would be a fair outcome.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Think we are stuck with Castore for a bit longer, but 500m from Riyadh Air should sort us :smile:

There was a story (which admittedly might’ve been a load of shite) doing the rounds recently that we were in talks with adidas. It also mentioned buying Castore out of the current deal 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

There was a story (which admittedly might’ve been a load of shite) doing the rounds recently that we were in talks with adidas. It also mentioned buying Castore out of the current deal 

Can't see Castore giving up unless they get a huge amount of money, given where we hope we are going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Atheltic article said we are tied into Castore on a multi year deal and the club is doing the sums as to whether it's worth paying a big sum to end the deal early and get a higher fee from Adidas, or whether it's cheaper to see the deal out 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

That Atheltic article said we are tied into Castore on a multi year deal and the club is doing the sums as to whether it's worth paying a big sum to end the deal early and get a higher fee from Adidas, or whether it's cheaper to see the deal out 

Fanks, Mike

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s tall so there might be something in it :lol: But as ewerk suggests they’d want a lot of money. Probably including an extra 20% just because it’s us 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t believe any transfer links from Edwards, he’s clueless. As Alex mentions it doesn’t seem like we’re on good terms with Manchester United in terms of transfers given how they messed us about with both Lingard and Henderson, I’d put this one in the highly unlikely category. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Howay said:

I don’t believe any transfer links from Edwards, he’s clueless. As Alex mentions it doesn’t seem like we’re on good terms with Manchester United in terms of transfers given how they messed us about with both Lingard and Henderson, I’d put this one in the highly unlikely category. 


he’s not the first source to report this though. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:


he’s not the first source to report this though. 

He says it’s exclusive, are you calling Luke a liar? 
 

Even if he’s not the only one it’s a lazy link for me, he’s found himself on the fringes of the squad and he’s tall, Newcastle need a 6/8 and have bought tall players, and the media LOVES trying to help Manchester United shift their fringe players. He’s a tidy enough albeit limited player in his role and he’d cost far more than he’s worth, there’s far, far better available elsewhere and our team knows it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye this is a fairly annoying rumor. It would be a completely uninspiring move. The fact its from Edwards gives you optimism there's not much in it but the link does keep popping up every few weeks. We've already got someone who'll work his socks off without much quality in attack, need to add the quality part now not cover for Longstaff. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A better rumour, although probably with even less substance, is Diogo Jota. Jacque Talbot has talked about what is supposedly our transfer list for the summer and Jota is on it. He does add that we're likely to be priced out of it given Liverpool will likely want 70m+ for him. You could see Jota leaving along with Firmino, who I think is confirmed to be leaving, given the options that they have i.e. Gakpo, Diaz, and even Darwin in that wide left position, added to the fact that Jota would raise a fair amount of funds to reinvest in their midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think McTominay’s STATS are in a high percentile so I could see Howe being interested in that but he doesn’t really address any real area of concern. We could almost certainly attract better than him from elsewhere. Even if he just acted as a dependable squad member with European experience, he’d be massively overpriced 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you believe the article it insinuates that Maddison may be looking elsewhere, so we plan on playing Bruno further forward and using McTominay in front of the back 4. 
 

Underwhelming if true. We are crying out for someone new to bring creativity in midfield 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Edwards has proven time and time again he doesn't know shite.

Philip Billing would be a better shout than McTominay if we are looking at squad players. Forgetting cost, etc, if Man U want sell to us, it's only because they think he's not good enough and if he's not good enough for those cunts, he certainly isn't good enough for NUFC.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Edwards has proven time and time again he doesn't know shite.

Philip Billing would be a better shout than McTominay if we are looking at squad players. Forgetting cost, etc, if Man U want sell to us, it's only because they think he's not good enough and if he's not good enough for those cunts, he certainly isn't good enough for NUFC.

Yes, the days of taking an over priced Man Utd cast off should be gone.  This belongs to the Brucey era which Edwards is still stuck in

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.