Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Why can't we have a creative right footer on the right wing? Almiron's main weakness was he was incapable of putting a cross in on his right foot once he had beaten his man 

Bowen does alright at West Ham tbf

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I also know of this little Egyptian fella that seems to have got by in the PL recently.

Salah is left pegged though. He's just not useless with his right :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I also know of this little Egyptian fella that seems to have got by in the PL recently.

Beckham and Giggs did ok as orthodox wingers too (to add balance to the argument ;) )

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Beckham and Giggs did ok as orthodox wingers too (to add balance to the argument ;) )

I'd argue that both would have been equally great on the opposite wings cutting in as they were mint. Giggs probably more so than Beckham like with his pace

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Thats when the philosophy at the time was to get down the wing and cross the ball in. Now its cut inside and have a shot.

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Thats when the philosophy at the time was to get down the wing and cross the ball in. Now its cut inside and have a shot.

or cut inside and pass 50 yards back as they have a club right foot and cant use it

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Which Miggy does 🤷🏻‍♂️…. after a fashion :lol: 

Interesting that in this little exchange that an upgrade would appear to be the very best practitioners of wing craft in recent times. Makes you think :cuppa: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Why can't we have a creative right footer on the right wing? Almiron's main weakness was he was incapable of putting a cross in on his right foot once he had beaten his man 

because eddie plays with inverted wingers. the focus is on ball-retention, recycling, using the overlapping full back for crosses

ideally your inverted winger would have a stronger weak foot than miggy mind!

Edited by Dr Gloom

Well finally a rumour one can get behind. 30M fee would mean a nice little 100M+ injection into the transfer kitty. Al Shabab is not one of the PIF owned clubs so less scrutiny on the price too. Maybe we can squeeze out another 5-10M in added fees?

Ship Wilson off for 20M off and that's a great window before we've managed to get anyone in :lol: 

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Have I mentioned that this season is a 'write-off'?

Awkward See Ya GIF

If we sold Wilson and Isak got injured we’d be in relegation trouble. In fact, if bruno got injured and we have no replacements we’d likely be in bother as well.

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

If we sold Wilson and Isak got injured we’d be in relegation trouble. In fact, if bruno got injured and we have no replacements we’d likely be in bother as well.

Frustrated Michael Scott GIF

I appreciate a lifetime of being a Newcastle supporter can leave some emotional scars but you can get 500-1 for us to go down 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I appreciate a lifetime of being a Newcastle supporter can leave some emotional scars but you can get 500-1 for us to go down 

The currently 17th placed team could be deducted ANOTHER 10 points and still probably stay up :lol: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Way better odds than wor lass doing it. 

Edited by trophyshy
  • Haha 12

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Edwards is saying we want Gibbs-White to replace Almiron. On the plus side, that would be a phenomenal signing. On the negative side, it’s Luke Edwards reporting it 

Gibbs-White, Solanke and Phillips would be a canny little window all things considered like even if it meant losing Trippier (seems increasingly likely with each passing hour - but for £11m fuck off), Wilson and Miggy. 

I'm sure Ashworth has a list of candidates we could target for 50M rather than splunk it on Solanke who might go back to scoring 6 goals a season next year. 

I desperately don't want us to sign Solanke, the figures being quoted for him are a joke. Hes 26 and this is the first time hes managed double figures in the premier league.

He only got 6 in 32 starts last season.

Hes a 50 million pound dwight gayle.

• Like 8