Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well sign more players lads. Don't worry about it. 

Of that I have no doubt, but will they be big enough names we’ve never heard of.

just one cornet. oh, give him to me.

is he better than what we have? his goal return last season would suggest so, even if he's not quite as exciting as some of the names we've been linked with

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Sorry but players like Bruno and Botman will be kicking up a stink if we don't sign a couple more class players.

They have been sold the project and it will have an expectaion of timelines of when things are happening. They will understand it will take a few years, Botman even said that but they won't be standing around waiting if it isn't to the timeline they've been sold.

And TBH at the moment we will be lucky to finish 8th if we cannot add to the teams goal scoring capabilities - regardless I feel the club will have told them a minimum of Europe in some form for 23/24.

This would be my concern also.  Of course it's all if's and buts at this stage but the supporters, players and manager will all be expecting improvements in our attackers and if that doesn't happen then it will be a bad look to everyone.

• Like 1

I don't think that they will have been told we are signing big name players. I think the project is clear to see already. We have a solid back line and it has a bit of depth. The centre of the park is decent. Obviously up front we have our issues. I am hoping the ASM pulls himself together a bit as it would be depressing to see another talent go to waste. I have never 'got' Miggy and obviously Wilson will be out for a few spells. I think we should push Willock a bit further up the pitch as he seems to do better there. I don't think we  'will not sign any more players but I don't think that it would be the end of the world if we don't. Between Pope, Trips, Burn, Botman, Targett, Bruno and even Wood as a back up is impressive. 5/6 improvements to the starting 11. I think it is like people are saying about the sponsorship next year, we will also start to attract other people who will see us at the business end of the table rather than in the business end of the table. 

• Like 1

For what Pete Graves opinion is worth as a supposed ITK person, he also reckons that we'll see the rest of our transfer business at the end of the window. Unfortunately it will be a while yet before we can dictate the market and make our moves early. At least when it comes to the more coveted and scarce attacking players. 

Edited by Polarboy

I wonder if the momentum in ticket sales may have a few alarm bells ringing?

from brighton onwards last season tickets for home games sold out in less than 2 hours, it's took over a fortnight to sell out forest and man city tickets hardly left the website like shit off a stick. brighton away still hasn't sold out and is down to 50 loyalty points now.

can't imagine the above being the case if we'd assembled something that resembles a strike force by now.

unless it's down to wedding season of course?!  :)

Edited by thebrokendoll

2 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wonder if the momentum in ticket sales may have a few alarm bells ringing?

from brighton onwards last season tickets for home games sold out in less than 2 hours, it's took over a fortnight to sell out forest and man city tickets hardly left the website like shit off a stick. brighton away still hasn't sold out and is down to 50 loyalty points now.

can't imagine the above being the case if we'd assembled something that resembles a strike force by now.

unless it's down to wedding season of course?!  :)

Cost of living crisis may be a factor like

5 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I don't think that they will have been told we are signing big name players.

Who said big name players? They will have been given a timeline of where the club wants to be and without some more goal scoring prowess from the next level up from what we already have, Botman and Bruno will know that what they have been sold will not be meeting their expectations. Everyone can see we need a better class of forwards to make that next step.

16 hours ago, Meenzer said:

We've got form there

0_Untitled.jpg

:lol:

Probably mentioned it before but I was at Hartlepool pre-season and when he got the ball a rather pissed supporter shouted out some encouragement to the Cypriot but stalled a bit halfway through his shout. It went something along the lines of 'Howay Nicos Papavapalappawappa-woooahhhya fucka!'

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 5

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season