frankie goes to walton and his match throwing twats v diplomacy eddie and his robbed blind heroes

thebrokendoll

Trying to be positive and say I only expected 2 points from the three games but we were fucked over on Sunday and deserved nowt tonight. 

Need the break as others have said. 

1 minute ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Have a chat amongst yourselves then get back to me with the names of our two anonymous players AGAIN in the second half.

Post when we are losing, you only post when we are losing…

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Howay said:

I think our team are fucking paggered tbh. Everton are shite but they were clearly absolutely desperate for that and got really fortunate imo. Howe is at the point where he’s playing crap he doesn’t want to field like Krafth and Almiron. 

Thought Almiron looked good today, tbh

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

He was either totally inconsistent but on both sides to be fair. The red was rather harsh as well.

He consistently ignored persistent fouls, let about 2-3 elbows which should have produced cards go. I disagree about the red btw, it was a fucking disgraceful challenge, zero intention of playing the ball he lunged in recklessly with no control and was nearly a foot off the ground when he made contact - if ASM wasn’t jumping to ride the tackle it could have been a horrible injury. 

Thought it was an absolutely disgraceful performance by the ref. As I say though we were appalling as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Thought Almiron looked good today, tbh

If he didn’t have to do anything with the football he’d be amazing. Unfortunately he has to and he’s simply not talented enough to play in the PL. 

The front three were fucking appalling tonight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

That’s one who agrees with me.

You’ve been awfully quiet on our recent unbeaten run when Joelinton and willock were running tne show. I presume you’re back to admit you were wrong?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howay said:

If he didn’t have to do anything with the football he’d be amazing. Unfortunately he has to and he’s simply not talented enough to play in the PL. 

The front three were fucking appalling tonight. 

Typical that the one time he actually ran at Godfrey, he done him easily and that was when he was about to be hooked. It’s easy to say in hindsight but I’d have went Murphy for Almiron and tried to go direct against Godfrey with him. Then again, the game was that scrappy and the ref was so whistle happy that I’m not sure it would have mattered 

• Like 2

Absolutely missed Shelvey tonight. He seems to steady things in the middle where as in the first half we had the defenders hitting long balls.

Cant understand why Howe didn’t start Murphy as he’s been doing well.

Hopefully after the break we can get back to the starting 11 that’s been pulling up sticks.

Some lovely play from Bruno as well who will be awesome next season especially if we can add some quality in front of him.

What a fucking game to lose :( 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Typical that the one time he actually ran at Godfrey, he done him easily and that was when he was about to be hooked. It’s easy to say in hindsight but I’d have went Murphy for Almiron and tried to go direct against Godfrey with him. Then again, the game was that scrappy and the ref was so whistle happy that I’m not sure it would have mattered 

:lol: That’s a point as well that he was up against Godfrey. Godfrey trying to be a full back in the PL is like Gordon entering a beauty contest, credit for trying but howay man. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I meant the team, not me, confidence is a fragile thing.

Still think we’re staying up comfortably but I hate the scouse mackems and we just threw them a life belt.

Aye, fair enough. I'm fucking pissed off with the results of the last 2 games and especially the manner of today's defeat. The run couldn't last forever but I think we’ve all got a bit of PTSD from Bruce. Also fucking annoying as we could have leap frogg3d Leicester into 12th today which would have been incredible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, if CT is reading, Everton winning has actually made us more likely to stay up when you consider their games in hand and what Burnley/Watford need to do to catch them. So save your tears.

no.

we had the perfect opportunity to bury even the remotest lingering doubts of getting dragged back in to the ĺshite and blew it.

that was fucking woeful and while I don't for one second think we'll be relegated on the back of it, to paint it in any way as a positive result is fucking ludicrous.

give your fucking head a shake man yer daft twat.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Also, if CT is reading, Everton winning has actually made us more likely to stay up when you consider their games in hand and what Burnley/Watford need to do to catch them. So save your tears.

Erm, I'm pretty sure us getting more points would have been more helpful to aid against our (almost non existent) relegation prospects? 

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2