Defensive Stalwart. The Big Dan.

ohhh_yeah

11 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Happy with Burn getting a new contract. Despite the weird stick he gets from people, he’s barely put a foot wrong tbh. And he’s massively improved at using his massive height to actually be a danger when we’re attacking set pieces so long may it continue. 

Agreed.  I'm well chuffed.

Despite his size he is quite skilful and can actually get a shift on when needed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he might put Tripps left back which would stunt our attack but might be better defensively. 

Sorry, that's what I meant.  Tino RB and Trips LB.  Just think Hall isn't quite ready for it yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2022 at 08:07, ohhh_yeah said:

:nufc:

FPHQ2u1-Xo-AEigb-L.jpg

Delighted you've ditched that shirt sponsor. Gambling sponsers aside, anything with the number in the 88 branding gives me the fear. Best case scenario? Celtic reference. Worst case? Nazi's. 

Our old DPD delivery guy had a totally unsubtle 88 tattoo that was always on display. I never asked questions and don't like to make assumptions like but even here in Central Scotland I'm 95% convinced he wasn't a Celtic fan.

7 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

Delighted you've ditched that shirt sponsor. Gambling sponsers aside, anything with the number in the 88 branding gives me the fear. Best case scenario? Celtic reference. Worst case? Nazi's. 

Our old DPD delivery guy had a totally unsubtle 88 tattoo that was always on display. I never asked questions and don't like to make assumptions like but even here in Central Scotland I'm 95% convinced he wasn't a Celtic fan.

Aye, 88 generally Adolph devotees, didn’t know there was a Celtic reference mind.

3 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Aye, 88 generally Adolph devotees, didn’t know there was a Celtic reference mind.

Just the year they were founded tbh but it can sometimes be a bit concerning how many folk don't realise 1888 has Nazi connotations and just assume it's a Celtic FC thing.

Paired with their "Hail Hail" patter it makes me wince more than the Apple reseller we had in town for a few years named "Stormfront". 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Much better game yesterday, against limited opposition, but I find it a little  weird that he remains Howe’s first choice left back ahead of Tino, who hasn’t put a foot wrong since he broke into the team 

• Like 1