2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Newcastle have not scored a result-altering goal, one that put them ahead or drew them level, after the 64th minute all season; they have conceded them in 10 matches in all competitions from the 65th minute onwards

In the Premier League, they have a goal difference of plus 13 in the first 70 minutes of matches (31-18), but minus four thereafter (10-14).

Says it all.

But some of our fans don't think fatigue is an issue.

• Like 1

So when Bruno picks up a yellow v Fulham. That leaves us without him for two games. 

Now apparently Joe out until the end of the season. 

That's gonna be an interesting midfield then for Villa and Luton

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

So when Bruno picks up a yellow v Fulham. That leaves us without him for two games. 

Schar in midfield? That’s about as good as it gets. If Joe is out for season we realistically need two midfielders in.

How many points do we need to stay up? 😂

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Is Matty Longstaff still without a club? We may need to bring the little ginger bastard back. Lucas De Bolle and the shit Miley might be getting a call up to the senior squad - anyone that isn't Hendrick will do for me.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us going with 5 at the back with Gordon and Miggy playing more centrally behind Isak for the next few games if we don't bring anyone in. I'd be OK with this, it worked well in Rafa's last few months.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Schar in midfield? That’s about as good as it gets. If Joe is out for season we realistically need two midfielders in.

How many points do we need to stay up? 😂

Fuck that, he was absolutely fucking terrible in midfield when Bruce tried this. However, he was better than when Bruce had Miggy playing CDM.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Fuck that, he was absolutely fucking terrible in midfield when Bruce tried this. However, he was better than when Bruce had Miggy playing CDM.

That's the flaw in the plan

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

That's the flaw in the plan

It's certainly a mitigating factor but he's just massively unsuited to the role tbf. He's a great centre back, but a rubbish CDM.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

It's certainly a mitigating factor but he's just massively unsuited to the role tbf. He's a great centre back, but a rubbish CDM.

The Bruce factor is huge. I can only think of one game when it was tried. When Bruno gets banned it’s happening iyam 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

The Bruce factor is huge. I can only think of one game when it was tried. When Bruno gets banned it’s happening iyam 🤷🏻‍♂️

The hope is that Bruno can keep his cool for the next game. We'll need him for Villa. 

For the games he misses, I'd shift to a back 5 if Willock isn't back in time. Unless of course we can sign a defensive midfielder.

If we don't get some cover in then I will be a little disappointed, in this specific regard, by the failure of our wedge/clout/contacts/directorship/network/PIF/etc to have ameliorated some of the mess we find ourselves in.  Even allowing for the FFP shite.  Having said that I do expect them to get it fucking sorted.  

Unless they too are writing off this season in prep for next, which seems a bit of a shame, how many more seasons until the 90s catch up with me?

Hey Newcastle fans, I am a final year student at Trinity College Dublin doing a dissertation on fan opinion on foreign investment in football, with Saudi Arabia's takeover of Newcastle being a major focus.

If you could please take 5-10 minutes to answer my survey for Newcastle fans and give your opinion it would be so helpful to me and help me collect some really interesting data. Feel free to share to any fans and any upvotes is appreciated: Thank you so much in advance, here is the link to the survey: 

https://forms.gle/Szy8nFV4vJM6eUxv6

3 minutes ago, keego07 said:

Hey Newcastle fans, I am a final year student at Trinity College Dublin doing a dissertation on fan opinion on foreign investment in football, with Saudi Arabia's takeover of Newcastle being a major focus.

If you could please take 5-10 minutes to answer my survey for Newcastle fans and give your opinion it would be so helpful to me and help me collect some really interesting data. Feel free to share to any fans and any upvotes is appreciated: Thank you so much in advance, here is the link to the survey: 

TT welcome in 3.....2.....1......

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, keego07 said:

Dog Dancing GIF

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, keego07 said:

image.png.4220219e7a4df03cef84ff13c75f9070.png

image.png.a86c9da426362f8ed361dfbbe7bbe439.png

Happy to help :thumbsup:

• Haha 7

Your questionnaire is all about Saudi Arabia owning Newcastle United, it's not a major focus it's your only focus. I've answered it as best your answers allow me to but the questions are a bit Miguel Delaney-esque in their tone. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, keego07 said:

L-zoCs.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The hope is that Bruno can keep his cool for the next game. We'll need him for Villa. 

For the games he misses, I'd shift to a back 5 if Willock isn't back in time. Unless of course we can sign a defensive midfielder.

Back 3 + wingbacks with central defender picking up between the lines  ie KDB on Saturday = Terry Venables befamed @Christmas Tree  formation 😀

Edited by PaddockLad

17 minutes ago, keego07 said:

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Haha 3