2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

you're probably right mate!  :)

my memory of the 80s seems to recall the chant newcastle, newcastle, newcastle....

with a louder new-castle at the end being the prominent song?

First time I went to the match with my dad (early 80s) the fans sung it but with the way the sound reverberated I couldn’t work out what it was until he told me. 

• Haha 2

On 28/10/2022 at 22:28, ewerk said:

exile's all over this at the minute, bless him, wonder if he's john hird?

at the end of the day, I'm sure there's plenty of folk amongst our support who have more than a little reservation about our ownership and that's fair enough.

not sure how wise it is mind to stand there with a banner trying to educate a load of young radgies at 17.30 who've had six hours on the lash and a couple of lines of coke in the pub bogs before they had to the match.

not what I'd choose to do on a saturday evening. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

not sure how wise it is mind to stand there with a banner trying to educate a load of young radgies at 17.30 who've had six hours on the lash and a couple of lines of coke in the pub bogs before they had to the match.

Which bit - educating or on the lash? :smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Happy for Wilson but I’d rather he wasn’t going. We need him fit for our title push 

This is just surreal to read and I don't know which emoji to give it.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

exile's all over this at the minute, bless him, wonder if he's john hird?

at the end of the day, I'm sure there's plenty of folk amongst our support who have more than a little reservation about our ownership and that's fair enough.

Sounds canny to me. Oh, you mean the protest 

• Haha 2

So with Joelinton suspended on Sunday, it'll be interesting to see if Shelvey plays instead. If he does, it'll trigger his automatic contract extension.

Shelvey probably won’t start as he'll lack match fitness but I don’t think Howe would’ve included him in recent squads if there was an issue around the triggering of the extension. But Joelinton has started wide on the left rather than midfield recently anyway. 

• Like 1

Nicked this from reddit, table for 2022.

We're well worth our 4th spot in the league based on this, over a sustained period as well.

When you consider how good Arsenal have been this season, and how good Liverpool were last season the fact our record over the same period has us in a comparable position is incredible.

Looking at the clubs we're rubbing elbows wit, and the fact they've had sustained spending, elite players and managers etc. in attempts to compete over the years where we had absolutely nothing its insane that we've moved to that position with two transfer windows and appointing a manager most considered underwhelming when he first joined.

image.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Shelvey probably won’t start as he'll lack match fitness but I don’t think Howe would’ve included him in recent squads if there was an issue around the triggering of the extension. But Joelinton has started wide on the left rather than midfield recently anyway. 

Surely it’s Saint Max in for one or two mad blasts of energy before he has a month to recover. Willock-Bruno-Longstaff simply cannot be unmoved 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Surely it’s Saint Max in for one or two mad blasts of energy before he has a month to recover. Willock-Bruno-Longstaff simply cannot be unmoved 

Probably Murphy, but with Maxi getting more time 

It’ll be murphy for sure. He hasn’t let us down this season and was lively in his cameo off the bench against Villa. I expect ASM might get 15-20 minutes in the second half, maybe more if we’re chasing or coasting 

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat