2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

Was listening to the Athletic weekend preview podcast earlier and they were talking about the battle for 4th.

Consensus was it'll probs be Man City, Arsenal, Spurs top three, and that it's a straight fight between Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United for 4th.

Soneone asked what price we are for top 4 (5/2) and said something along the lines of "If Newcastle make top 4 this year, you'd have to think that's that. With the sort of player they'd be able to attract it'll be very difficult to shift them out of it."

Someone responded that we'd be single figures odds for the Premier League before long. (if we break into the CL this season) 

Sounded deliciously mental. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was listening to the Athletic weekend preview podcast earlier and they were talking about the battle for 4th.

Consensus was it'll probs be Man City, Arsenal, Spurs top three, and that it's a straight fight between Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man United for 4th.

Soneone asked what price we are for top 4 (5/2) and said something along the lines of "If Newcastle make top 4 this year, you'd have to think that's that. With the sort of player they'd be able to attract it'll be very difficult to shift them out of it."

Someone responded that we'd be single figures odds for the Premier League before long. (if we break into the CL this season) 

Nee point licking United's arse now, suckers. That ship sailed with the deluded fans/eeze a great businessman crack. :good:

:)

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

OMG! I remember watching this on the news when KK joined.

For the last 40 odd years, any time I neck a drink I still say “for Kev”!

and so do my wife and kids! 😁

Thanks so much for posting 😎 :nufc: 

Edited by Ginolaandtonic
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

it looks like a two horse race for the title. Everything else is up for grabs.

Spurs have been unimpressive despite their lofty league position. They will do well to finish too 4 again from what I’ve seen. Chelsea are rebuilding, Liverpool are having an off year. The WC and European competitions will disrupt the traditional big six while our lot are in a training  camp jolly in Saudi. Then the other clubs who we were supposed to be competing with to be the best of the rest (West Ham, Villa, Leicester) are all having a mare.  

Before the season started, I’d have taken top 8. Now, I’d be disappointed if we don’t finish in the top 6.

Top 4 is a real possibility. We’re a third of the way through the season and I’ve seen nothing from any team to be afraid of, besides Man City and their freak CF.

big penis GIF

austin powers balloon GIF

sausage GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Nee point licking United's arse now, suckers. That ship sailed with the deluded fans/eeze a great businessman crack. :good:

:)

Too fucking right. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

OMG! I remember watching this on the news when KK joined.

For the last 40 odd years, any time I neck a drink I still say “for Kev”!

and so do my wife and kids! 😁

Thanks so much for posting 😎 :nufc: 

I withdraw my comment in the other thread. I like the way this man thinks 🤔 

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

It does sound great but the bit about "thats that" is also total horseshit.

If it wasnt we wouldn't be in the top four right now. Plenty of clubs have made a bollocks of having loads of money before.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Andrew said:

It does sound great but the bit about "thats that" is also total horseshit.

If it wasnt we wouldn't be in the top four right now. Plenty of clubs have made a bollocks of having loads of money before.

Aye but they're looking at the way we've managed things so far, and the fact we've only spent "big money" on three players, one of whom has barely played, and concluding that we're not the type to make that balls up. 

They might be wrong, like you say, but I can see where they're coming from. 

Wilson clearly got wind of Toney's penchant for a flutter and contacted his mates at the Mail to investigate. He's going full shithouse to make sure Southgate has no one else to choose from 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Club ambassadorial role incoming. When we're in the CL next year they can send him on ahead to do hotel room checks. 

HEWWOH! 

If he survives Riyadh :lol: 

• Haha 2

• wykikitoon changed the title to 2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat