Other Games 22/23

Dead frustrating that tonight, cos but for that idiotic defensive brainfart to give away the penalty, Liverpool weren't scoring tonight.

Still though, 1-0 does fuck all for their GD so we're still effectively 7 points ahead with a game in hand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

If there's no contact between the players then by definition it can't be a foul/penalty 

I think I've said before, Gerrard once got a pen at Sheff Utd I think where he stepped over the leg of someone who slid in in front of him then dived and Dermot Gallagher or some other apologist said that the intent which could have brought him down was enough (if it was a favoured team ommitted) 

Also how does that one tonight compare with Allison's on Fraser a couple of years ago? 

Just now, NJS said:

I think I've said before, Gerrard once got a pen at Sheff Utd I think where he stepped over the leg of someone who slid in in front of him then dived and Dermot Gallagher or some other apologist said that the intent which could have brought him down was enough (if it was a favoured team ommitted) 

Also how does that one tonight compare with Allison's on Fraser a couple of years ago? 

Sorry Ederson not Allison. 

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Nah, that’s always a penalty tbh.

he kicks fresh air then the Liverpool player falls over his leg after he withdraws it. Soft af 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

So if a keeper rushes out and doesn’t get the ball and the attacker dives over him then that’s not a penalty?

fyp

soft as fuck, like I said. No fucking chance Fulham are getting that at anfield 

If we get that, I’m saying it’s soft as fuck and I’m raging if it’s given against us. If that’s an obvious pen I don’t even know what game I’m watching anymore 

24 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So if a keeper rushes out and doesn’t get the ball but forces the attacker to jump over him then that’s not a penalty?

Not in my opinion, no :lol: 

Most strikers would make sure a trailing leg made contact. Interestingly discussion on this issue

https://sports.stackexchange.com/questions/13495/is-it-a-foul-if-no-contact-is-made-during-an-attempted-reckless-tackle#:~:text=If the referee believes the,for recklessly tackles an opponent.

Not sure you could argue it was a reckless tackle by the player. He was trying to play a side foot pass

Edited by Kid Dynamite

31 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

So are we now saying we need more than 66 points? That’s a question directly to you, the so called power-bi Accountant by the way.

He has allies in 66 pointsville

Liverpool could quite feasibly end up on 71 points. 

The question is whether Man U’s arse starts to nip if they drop points this evening. We can afford to drop points to arsenal and still feel fairly comfortable about our chances with Leeds and Leicester to come 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Liverpool could quite feasibly end up on 71 points. 

. We can afford to drop points to arsenal and still feel fairly comfortable about our chances with Leeds and Leicester to come 

And so the backtrack begins. Welcome to Pampers :lol:

• Haha 4

I can’t see it myself. Surely we can garner 6 points from 5 games in our current form? And that presupposes Liverpool don’t drop any points from their remaining 4 games, which seems unlikely to me.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

And so the backtrack begins. Welcome to Pampers :lol:

I’ve still got my sausage out :lol:

Let’s talk again in three games time. If we get zero from our next nine available points then I’m reaching for the panty liners. Just saying that out loud sounds ridiculous though, doesn’t it?

I think we’re getting at least a point at home to arsenal on Sunday and we’re beating Leeds. Arsenal are going to be more worried about us than we are about them.

Four points from our next two games and the final three games of the season are a procession. 

@Christmas Tree  champions league is nailed on because Howe won’t let standards slip. The sort of collapse required to fall out of top four isn’t plausible based on our form for over a year now. 

we can even afford to average just a point a game for the rest of the season. When was the last time we went on a run that bad?

there’s a reason we’re odds on with the bookies. They’re not in the habit of losing money. We’re not talking about your crypto bets here…

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

we can even afford to average just a point a game for the rest of the season. When was the last time we went on a run that bad?

So you’re saying we’re due one? :sad: 

• Haha 7