Other Games 22/23

On 05/06/2023 at 06:44, Polarboy said:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the chat from Liverpool supporters or Liverpool transfer accounts on Twitter if that's the source. They think every player even marginally linked to them is desperate to join and that it's only a formality before they do. 

Completely spot on. They’re fucking unreal, every top player in football grew up a massive Liverpool fan who is absolutely desperate to play for them according to that lot. Bellingham, a lad that was clearly Birmingham City through and through, was obsessed with Liverpool that lot reckoned and that worked out well :lol:. It’s complete delusion, a Liverpool glory hunter I know does it all the time - every top player anyone else signs was a target for them, or wanted to play for them etc. 

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Completely spot on. They’re fucking unreal, every top player in football grew up a massive Liverpool fan who is absolutely desperate to play for them according to that lot. Bellingham, a lad that was clearly Birmingham City through and through, was obsessed with Liverpool that lot reckoned and that worked out well :lol:. It’s complete delusion, a Liverpool glory hunter I know does it all the time - every top player anyone else signs was a target for them, or wanted to play for them etc. 

Yeah the general point is correct, but unfortunately in the case of Veiga there seems to be weight behind the links. Some ITK journos have said they're favourites, and the Telegraph have said we're not in for him. Then again Romano is reporting that Liverpool are looking to speak to both Manu Koné and Khephren Thuram's agents, so again you'd think it unlikely they'd sign four midfielders this window even if they were light there last season. Maybe it's a case of one or the other between Kone and Thuram given they can both play as a six, but then again neither are one dimensional given they can play other positions.  

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

Of course if that player then flops, his love for Liverpool is sharp swept under the carpet.

And obviously any transfer that didn't come off is because the player is clearly motivated purely by money and they wouldn't want a player like that anyway. You know because Liverpool famously pay their players with seeds and compost  for their allotments.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You know because Liverpool famously pay their players with seeds and compost  for their allotments.

Heroin and hubcaps. 

• Haha 2

just popped on to say....

The rags have got their hats on
Hip hip hip hooray
The rags have got their hats on
But Gundo fucked their day

not too childish i hope.

took my eldest. a fantastic time to be blue

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Liverpool will be linked to every good midfielder going since they’re fucking desperate for a whole new midfield. I’d take most of the links with a pinch of salt

Jeff Hendrick is a lifelong Liverpool fan!

• Haha 2