Other Games 22/23

If Spurs lose here it's almost the ideal manner for it to happen. They would've foolishly begun to believe that anything was possible before having that hope crushed in a display that should teach them that their hope is limited and it is instead their ignorance which is boundless. Hard to come back from that little reality check. Just ask those among us who thought a title challenge was on for the 10 minutes during halftime.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I think Kane is stuck at Spurs. The money Levy will want is higher than anyone will be prepared to pay now. He missed his window to get out of that place. 

Agreed, short of Manchester United or Chelsea being mental I can’t see anyone else paying £100m+ for a bloke that’s going to be 30 in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think Kane is stuck at Spurs. The money Levy will want is higher than anyone will be prepared to pay now. He missed his window to get out of that place. 

Yeah it won't be easy, perhaps if Real decide to come along as PSG will hold them off Mbappe for a couple of more years probably. 

11 minutes ago, toonotl said:

If Spurs lose here it's almost the ideal manner for it to happen. They would've foolishly begun to believe that anything was possible before having that hope crushed in a display that should teach them that their hope is limited and it is instead their ignorance which is boundless. Hard to come back from that little reality check. Just ask those among us who thought a title challenge was on for the 10 minutes during halftime.

it’s never been off tbh 

3 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Imagine a timeline where we got Conte instead of Howe. How different would things be now? 

We’d be exactly where we are now. Conte is a 12 month manager. After that things go to shit.

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Come June he only has 12 months left on his contract. City don’t need a striker, he’s not going to Arsenal. Who else is there capable of mounting a title challenge? :scratchchin:

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agreed, short of Manchester United or Chelsea being mental I can’t see anyone else paying £100m+ for a bloke that’s going to be 30 in the summer. 

100m for a bloke who's almost 30 and been flogged to fuck too. He's hardly had a rest at spurs. 

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Come June he only has 12 months left on his contract. City don’t need a striker, he’s not going to Arsenal. Who else is there capable of mounting a title challenge? :scratchchin:

honestly, I don’t think he’s good enough for where we want to be. Assuming we finish top 4, we’ll be bidding for a younger, faster, more exciting centre forward 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think he’ll run his contract down and leave on a free, probably to an overseas club. Which will serve Levy right.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

We could open up a 8 point gap with 5th place with a win on Saturday, with a hugely better goal difference as well. 

200.gif

I think their next two in the league are Fulham away then another game against Man City at home as well, so it’s not like they have an easy chance at points, whereas we have Palace, West Ham, then Bournemouth to get us both to 22 games played. Could be quite a gap by the end of that. 

• Like 1