eddie's toothless triers v's pep's teeth like amity's worst fucking nightmare

thebrokendoll

There's been talk of Bruno catching the eye with the Real links and all. I think it wont be too long before Joelinton becomes wanted too. There's not many that can absolutely dominate the midfield battle in this league. 

It really does seem like we're about 2 top quality attacking players off from being CL place contenders. Its just mental. 

What a cracking game.

Team lost it's head for five minutes and that's all Citeh needed but through some smart play by Pope to need some treatment, they were able to regroup.

As others have said we are just a couple of players short, actually probably five when you look how weak our bench is. Get three more decent players in this window and things will jump another level.

Our lack of options off the bench has to be the only reason EH didn't change things up sooner. With the option of five subs, there should be no excuse to leave players who are struggling on the pitch and it was obvious when Citeh scored their second, tired heads were a problem.

A couple of points for clarification.

@Gemmill Scotty, Gillet was shite here when refereeing in the A-League and it's only slightly better than Sunday league but we do tend to send our all our shite to Britain. He was just as bad with decisions against Newcastle in the local league so no doubt his missus loves to remind him of all the good times she's had with those from Newcastle.

@Isegrim Wolfy, it's Aussie not Ozzie, we might both be convicts but there is a difference.

If Pulisic doesn't want to come to Newcastle on loan after seeing that match, the cunt is a fucking idiot and should enjoy sitting on the bench for Chelsea.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Probably true amongst away fans, always felt ManU home fans were more middle class and/or southern glory hunters whilst Man City were just pure Moss side scum. Never been to Man City since they were successful though so I imagine this has changed somewhat. 

Genuinely found that NUFC fans get on better with scousers though, the two cities are just more similar culturally imo. 

anybody of a certain vintage who was at maine road in '84 won't have forget these cunts pelting us with quarter bricks for 90 minutes in the kippax stand. I certainly haven't,  the fucking spineless cunts.

moss side was a shit hole full of the dregs of society, but so to is eastlands, there's a reason why when the commonwealth games was held at the city of manchester stadium they draped the surrounding hell hole in huge tarpaulins to distract the eye for visitors.

agree entirely with the people of the north east having more in common with those from liverpool (even the blue half) both cities were earmarked by thatcher for a managed decline.

manchester united, manchester city, both equal in their fucking despicable and laughably moronic but nevertheless accurate stereotypes of the 'sorted' gallagher brothers.

hate the cunts. 

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Pep knows fucking Eddie's coming for his title. 

You know what, that's an impressive fucking interview. You can tell he's a purist because even with all the pressure for him to win, and to constantly succeed, he fucking enjoyed that game for the spectacle of it. Guardiola has gone up in my estimation here tbh.

40 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You know what, that's an impressive fucking interview. You can tell he's a purist because even with all the pressure for him to win, and to constantly succeed, he fucking enjoyed that game for the spectacle of it. Guardiola has gone up in my estimation here tbh.

He's always been class. A fair few people try to undermine him by saying he's always spent shite loads wherever he's been but there's plenty of examples of that not working out if the coach isnt right. Just look at their red neighbours. Klopp generally seems to have been the media darling but personally I've found him a bit tiresome with his excuses that seem to be getting more elaborate with time. 

There were 10 minutes worth of pure bliss when I thought, "Fuck it! We'll just win the league."

What a performance! ASM had his best game for us today. That was immense. He made Walker look like complete crap. Wilson is class and will score 20 if he stays fit. Big Joe is a dream and our oppositions worst nightmare. Pope makes me think the Catholics are on to something. If we keep that level for the season we are going to give European qualification a real good shake. Add a few more and avoid injuries and this is going to be a beautiful season. And, amazingly, it's only the beginning.

Come on!

• Like 2

watching this angle, it looks like he uses Burn as an aiming point, Trippier adjust/moves where Burn stands and then hammers it  about where his head was 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

watching this angle, it looks like he uses Burn as an aiming point, Trippier adjust/moves where Burn stands and then hammers it  about where his head was 🤷🏼‍♂️

Also looks like the person holding the camera was expecting it to go over the top :smile:

8 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

There's been talk of Bruno catching the eye with the Real links and all. I think it wont be too long before Joelinton becomes wanted too. There's not many that can absolutely dominate the midfield battle in this league. 

At the very least Big Joe should be in serious contention for the Brazil squad.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The line of questioning to Pep about the red card is daft. They're trying to get him to give them a headline and he just won't play ball. 

And why should he, the most ridiculous part was he answered the question once explaining how he hadn't really seen it clearly and then the next 'journalist' effectively asked the exact same thing phrased differently. After a game like that there's so much more to talk about than a call that the shite ref botched and eventually corrected. You can tell in their heads they've already written the article and just need the headline/quote to match their shite.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, OTF said:

And why should he, the most ridiculous part was he answered the question once explaining how he hadn't really seen it clearly and then the next 'journalist' effectively asked the exact same thing phrased differently. After a game like that there's so much more to talk about than a call that the shite ref botched and eventually corrected. You can tell in their heads they've already written the article and just need the headline/quote to match their shite.

Aye. I saw it live, I thought it was a red, but if the ref watched it for VAR and overturned it then it wasn't a red card.

Perfect answer. No further questions required.