Howe's that for a bunch of Cripples v Here's our Graham with a Quick Reminder what a bunch of Shits We are

wykikitoon

Just now, ewerk said:

This has been my worry about us for a while now. We were dead on our feet out there tonight. Howe asks a lot of his players and they’re willing to give but there’s only so much they can physically do. The past 2/3 matches we’ve seen players going down with cramp towards the end. Granted we’re not going to be playing Man City / Liverpool every week but it is a concern.

Agreed - and maybe why we're going to see wider use of the squad more generally. The way this is set up, we need to use the squad more broadly, which is again why we need to take our time growing the team properly rather than just getting an A grade first team (which we more or less have).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

This has been my worry about us for a while now. We were dead on our feet out there tonight. Howe asks a lot of his players and they’re willing to give but there’s only so much they can physically do. The past 2/3 matches we’ve seen players going down with cramp towards the end. Granted we’re not going to be playing Man City / Liverpool every week but it is a concern.

yeah, love how they buy into it but is it sustainable? Bit like watching athletico.

Might need some performance enhancing drugs

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

If someone said 2-1 loss I think most would have accepted it. But man after that feels like a serious blow. 

A less than 4 days turn-around cost us our legs in the second half. Without that I have no doubt we could have sustained our efforts from the first half for longer.

• Like 1

Surely Anderson has to be ahead of Murphy for the subs choice from now on. Murphy, who I've defended in the past when had a few decent games at right back, is out of his depth. It's going to be incredibly difficult to get result at the top teams until we improve our options from the bench. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

We spent a lot of time defending in the 2nd half which undoubtedly takes a lot out of players and most of the game they were up and down the pitch as a unit. We won't play like that every game and we won't have the threat of some of the quality we faced tonight. 

Regardless of that we took the game to them, looked better for 45 minutes and defended superbly second half. The team did all they could to get a point where the ref did everything he could to get them 3 points. 

• Like 2

Got to think, Liverpool needed every home advantage and slice of referee bullshit in the book to beat us without our best midfielder, best winger and best striker. Let’s just think what will happen after another two transfer windows. Or even one more when we meet the bastards at home. Good luck, camel dish

• Like 6

The lads just ran out of steam and the less said about Murphy the better, he and wood should've at least been an outlet with fresh legs. The ref doing what refs do at anfield and it's just very hard to take, even then, it always just bounces their way. What an absolute cunt klopp is, canny bloke when it's going their way, tantrum spoilt, dummy spitting wanker when it's not. The lads that played the first half were immense but they tired, would be nice to have some decent back up to help them get at least a point but loads to be positive about despite the massive disappointment. Murphy etc need fazed out asap. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Can't fault any apart from Murphy 😂

Longstaff. Fantastic assist for the goal but other than that his passing was embarrassing. He’s clearly capable of it but so many times tonight he lost possession with woeful passes.

7 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Deserved a draw tonight.

All I'm all I think it's a good start to the season

Wasnt expecting a point at city and we were unlucky tonight against the 2nd best team in the league

2 good away draws against top half opposition from last year

Walked through Forest on the opening day.

Isak looks class, Bruno will be getting plenty of assists and will give Maxi some room. Wilson might find it hard to get back in the team.

I thought exactly this. Wilson isn't getting back in off the flashes from Isak tonight. Great stuff.

I watched this in a bar with a mix of geordies, scousers, and neutrals. Canny hard to take the last minute winner by them and the scouse contingent went on like they'd won the league. I pointed out to the scouse bloke I had been chatting to all match  (who was canny enough) in all honesty it was a pyrrhic victory for them.

What do they think they can achieve in the league? I've no doubt they will qualify for the CL but they are now a completely lower level to Man City who I think might go unbeaten. The bloke said it depends on their head to head matches, but no way will they match city in those and even if they do they will drop much more points elsewhere, already have.

If you look at trajectories, we are on the up and they are in decline. In 5 years, who's to say who will be the better team. I'd bet on us personally. 

• Like 4

Longstaff was good tonight man. Literally made two bad passes and one of them was a hospital ball from Trippier.

He'll be upgraded soon anyway. Hopefully with a new DM that would leave Bruno and Joe on either side of him. We need to keep the ball better, which will save the legs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

The lads just ran out of steam and the less said about Murphy the better, he and wood should've at least been an outlet with fresh legs. The ref doing what refs do at anfield and it's just very hard to take, even then, it always just bounces their way. What an absolute cunt klopp is, canny bloke when it's going their way, tantrum spoilt, dummy spitting wanker when it's not. The lads that played the first half were immense but they tired, would be nice to have some decent back up to help them get at least a point but loads to be positive about despite the massive disappointment. Murphy etc need fazed out asap. 

Aye the difference was they've developed a squad over time. The way Howe has us playing is a step up, couple of years we'll be beasting these cunts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MMXXVIII said:

I thought exactly this. Wilson isn't getting back in off the flashes from Isak tonight. Great stuff.

Howe has said that Isak and Wilson could easily play in the same team. He'll likely play Isak out wide in the front three, and Almiron will drop to the bench. 

BT interviewer: ‘Newcastle we’re trying to spoil the game, waste time…’

Fuck the fuck off.

I’m near the end of my tether with these cunts. One more word and I’m cancelling my illegal IPTV.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Longstaff was good tonight man. Literally made two bad passes and one of them was a hospital ball from Trippier.

You must have missed the other 89 minutes of the match?

1 minute ago, Polarboy said:

Howe has said that Isak and Wilson could easily play in the same team. He'll likely play Isak out wide in the front three, and Almiron will drop to the bench. 

That ball in the middle by Isak when he was out wide in the second half was pure sex and Wilson should be busting a gut to get on the end of it if they play together. It could well be a horses for courses job when they're both fit. Both can be lone strikers and Isak looks like he could be Wilson's wet dream if they both start.

• Like 1